Programs muting other programs

Owned

I recently bought a logitech g35 headset becouse my siberia v2 stopped working on one side. I installed the drivers for the new headset but it has been a huge pain in my ass. The headset randomly decides it doesnt want to play sound sometimes, it splits up to another sound channel that isnt even connected to my pc (supposedly its playing from my sound card?). when i start up cs:go and teamspeak afterwards teamspeak does not allow me to use the headset aswell and blocks any sound from it, vice versa it blocks the sound of cs:go.

when watching youtube video's it randomly decides to not play the sound if i skip parts of video's, and wont even play twitch vod's with sound.

I have been working on fixing this for quite some time now and have no clue what i should be doing now. the big issue being that it will only play sounds from one program at a time, for example: cs:go and firefox works, but if i boot teamspeak it wont.

anyone have any idea on a possible way to fix this?

Check your exclusive settings for the mic: http://puu.sh/llg8r/1d6b252119.png

Recording devices -> Select microphone -> Properties -> Advanced -> Exclusive Mode bit at the bottom.

• Like 1

yes it is the usb connection.

the microphone does have those boxes checked, the headphones do not. that was my newest experiment to see if that would fix it. it is not the microphone that is the issue, it is the sound that doesnt get sent to the headphones becouse it cant get detected properly anymore after starting a program.

it all started when i got the new headset, have never had this issue with the siberia v2's. may be becouse those had the specific mic / audio plugs and is not usb connected.

Yes, i have windows and set it to default audio device.

Yes, i installed the drivers correctly.

The headset shows up in the program to configure logitech devices, it somehow cant play two different programs at once. when I go to the devices tab on my pc it shows the headset under the unknown tab, while my mouse and keyboard are under devices. dont know if that is usefull information but that is something I just now found.

I had the same problem, but I did a full updates of my computer's components (chipset , PCI plug-in , USB port , EVERYTHING ) now its working fine. :lol:

I hope it will help you if your problem isnt solved yet  :P

Had the G35 for a couple years. Never ran into any of these problems. It sounds like a driver issue. Would recommend uninstalling completely, and reinstalling. If you installed using a CD that came with it, try downloading the drivers from logitechs website. Also try a different USB port aswell. Also update your PC.

Edited by Bow_In_Honor
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last drivers of Logitech is a major problem in win 10. This have been reported in Logitech forums, many guys are having problems with this drivers including myself. This are affecting g35 g930 and some others headsets. I'm using an outdated driver which is working but I'm not on pc right now. When log on it I will say the driver I'm using and you can try it out.

thanks for the reply, i found out earlier that there were less to no issues with older drivers after i installed those. strange that new patches and such break things like that.