So what's your story about ET?

bo0m

• 3 weeks later...

I overheard some of my friends from elementary/teenage school (10-12 years ago) talking about how they fried up some guys with flamethrower, so of course I got intrigued. got ET and started playing with them on Earthquake #2 server (EQ2) with Chronos as server leader and at that where the clans, Agent, STA and XERO used to play alot. 

• Like 2

post-5064-0-07691900-1443792168_thumb.pngpost-5064-0-70697500-1443792335_thumb.jpgpost-5064-0-60205800-1443792377_thumb.jpgpost-5064-0-99651300-1443792402_thumb.jpgpost-5064-0-88857500-1443792420_thumb.png gaming timeline : D played pong on Atari..then other Atari games with son.then Nintendo..Mario bros..Donkey kong..I bought myself a Sega game gear..I was addicted to sonic the hedgehog..played for hours..in between service calls in my work van XD. I use to play PlayStation mostly driving games .then later after we moved from south Florida a couple we were friends with from Miami would come up here to the country to visit.sometimes me and my friend would get drunk and go on PC and watch funny videos of people busting their asses and other stuff and he introduced me to ET..we played ae sniper challenge,trading places when we died..later I played ET pub in maybe 2006..then grew tired of friendly fire servers..why so serious bro : ) like jmod..play silent mod some..don't play any other online games..
  • Like 2

started playing with 2 friends like 5 years ago, was the only one active for quite a while, but they play sometimes again :3

Well first me and my friend who showed me ET started to play, that was more than 9 y ago. Then after while there were like 15 guys from the place i live who started to play with us. It was like 10 croatian dudes vs all other countries xD but as highschool passed, some went out of country for work, some on college..and after 9 years there's only me left playing ET..but also I had r y break..but came back..some of them play crossfire or cs for fun but rarely.

attachicon.gif2000px-Atari_Official_2012_Logo.svg.pngattachicon.gifAtari2600a-1.jpgattachicon.gifsuper_mario__nintendo_1280x960.jpgattachicon.gifsega_game_gear_by_rollingtombstone-d4xat3o.jpgattachicon.giflatest.png gaming timeline : D played pong on Atari..then other Atari games with son.then Nintendo..Mario bros..Donkey kong..I bought myself a Sega game gear..I was addicted to sonic the hedgehog..played for hours..in between service calls in my work van XD. I use to play PlayStation mostly driving games .then later after we moved from south Florida a couple we were friends with from Miami would come up here to the country to visit.sometimes me and my friend would get drunk and go on PC and watch funny videos of people busting their asses and other stuff and he introduced me to ET..we played ae sniper challenge,trading places when we died..later I played ET pub in maybe 2006..then grew tired of friendly fire servers..why so serious bro : ) like jmod..play silent mod some..don't play any other online games..

Ahahaha you video game addict :D but great story. Of consols i had only playstation 2 and only two games i used to play were Duke Nuken and tekken 3 hahaha. Then in weekends whole team would gathered in garage and we played PES :D and that's it hh

My first FPS game!

I hardly remember the real beginning and I probably didnt understand the game at all. Later I found FG where Tacle and others helped me for a while. They were very patient with me :lol:

My first FPS game!

I hardly remember the real beginning and I probably didnt understand the game at all. Later I found FG where Tacle and others helped me for a while. They were very patient with me :lol:

So was I I never RQ when you were pwning my ass :D

• Like 1

I heard about ET first time at 3rd class in school(10 yrs old) when my friend told me that it was good game tho we both didnt even speak english at all.. only few simple words and sentences like my name is etc :D i only remembe that my name was ingame "pelimies1234" which means "game man" :D and i was truly noob.

Also this were my first fps game ever i played with pc :)

• Like 2

I heard about ET first time at 3rd class in school(10 yrs old) when my friend told me that it was good game tho we both didnt even speak english at all.. only few simple words and sentences like my name is etc :D i only remembe that my name was ingame "pelimies1234" which means "game man" :D and i was truly noob.

Nice thnx for sharing it with us :)

• Like 1

Youre still a noob <3

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got to ET thanks to my older brother. I was around 15 years old. I remeber that he played on his laptop some cool game (ET) and i liked it very much. So i asked him, if i can try it. He didn't agree that he will have bad K/D thanks to me  :lol:. So when he went away for sec from game, I went try it, i remember it was siwa oasis. I liked it very much and i was very nervous that someone will kill me.. So after some time when i just watched him how he play, I maked him to put it to my pc. We started play together on server =BO= (or something like that) then it died somehow and my bro found new server: H2o. There we started play pretty alot and some people asked me to join. There was just small problem. I didn't speak english almost at all. So my bro did my application. They taked me in after some time, and thanks to all wonderful people there I somehow learned english better and better. Also i met there my big love from Finland (wizardry)  :wub: . And how alot of servers die, our died too.. We had pause from playing and not so long time ago we started play again, on one of FA server. And here we are :)

• Like 4

I got to ET thanks to my older brother. I was around 15 years old. I remeber that he played on his laptop some cool game (ET) and i liked it very much. So i asked him, if i can try it. He didn't agree that he will have bad K/D thanks to me  :lol:. So when he went away for sec from game, I went try it, i remember it was siwa oasis. I liked it very much and i was very nervous that someone will kill me.. So after some time when i just watched him how he play, I maked him to put it to my pc. We started play together on server =BO= (or something like that) then it died somehow and my bro found new server: H2o. There we started play pretty alot and some people asked me to join. There was just small problem. I didn't speak english almost at all. So my bro did my application. They taked me in after some time, and thanks to all wonderful people there I somehow learned english better and better. Also i met there my big love from Finland (wizardry)  :wub: . And how alot of servers die, our died too.. We had pause from playing and not so long time ago we started play again, on one of FA server. And here we are :)

What a cute story, love birds. Hehe thnx for your share. I've started on LL servers 10/11 y ago almost, had 4 y break and here I am now again thnx to Sis. We played together on FG before my break. Love to see old buddies back again.

Have fun on our servers and gl with aplications to you both :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I first got into ET when I was around 13 or so.  My older brother found it and I started playing.  Unfortunately, it was almost unplayable for me unless I played on an obj server where the same map reset over and over again.  Loading a new map took 5 minutes and sometimes is would fail.  It left a bitter taste.

After a very long hiatus from my 2 week long attempt at playing ET, I tried again with a better PC.  This time it was fun and I could play multiple maps without crashing out.  suddenly there was much mroe to do, and the game changed from WW2 to lolscrewphysics, but I ended up loving it.  I played on the FAG servers under the alias Jaffar for a long time off and on.  I found many exploits thansk to double jump, such as hopping the wall and onto the roof in fuel dump and back planting on the oasis map guns.  I want to say I was one of the original founders, but I never told anybody what I found.  Chances are that somebody else taught the tricks before I did.  I can happily say that I was the one who taught myself these tricks, though.

I was around 18 or 19 when I neared the end of my FAG server days of ET.  I started to get into being annoying, as it cracked me up.  I started using throwing knives to launch people off of cliffs, or grenading people into enemy fire.  I mostly did this to allies who refused to do their job, but eventually I got caught and was banned for a week.  I stopped playing for a while after that.

When i was 23, I came back to ET and the FAG server was dead, so I found another server, FA.  I started on the Recruiting server, and found out that adrenaline was gone.  I immediately came in my pants and went on a huge spree of gameplay again.  I also learned of a new glitch with throwing knives that can make them rattle endlessly, and I abused the shit out of it.  Some admin told me to stop, but even to this day I will still somewhere near where the end of the map screen is at.  If you hear an annoying jingling after supply depot, that's me :).  I've stopped launching players and griefing their gameplay, but this is just a game, so a little lulz that doesn't affect gameplay are not out of the picture.  Before I took another hiatus, I changed my name to Pinkie Pie, in appreciation for my new favorite show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.  I wanted to watch it ironically, but I ended up liking it.  Whatever :).

I stopped briefly between 2014 and early 2015 as I got a new house and had to deal with all of the crap that came along with it.  I started playing again recently and have gotten used to the new maps (most of the maps on the recruiting server are shit now.  Standard maps built for small numbers of players should be left out D:).  The community I came back to is more or less the same.  Rambo medics result in axis wins, Panzerfaust is #1 obj whore (I am a big obj whore.  I just refuse to bother with it if the team sucks, and just have fun instead at that point).  Snipers have been replaced with medics who can get good headshots from that far with mp40s, and I can only play on allies team.  I literally can not have fun as axis.  Defense is boring, and most maps have axis on defense.

Screw COD and BF and whatever other nonsense mainstream gaming says is cool for FPS.  This is still running strong, so why spend 23415345613461356 dollars on new equipment just to play with squeakers? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1