My Vids of FA Server Gameplay.

ARCHON

The originals really sucked, but I started cutting them up so I'll post the best most recent ones here. Thanks for watching. These are all from the recruiting server, but I am going to go onto the other servers soon. I ended up having to monetize my account and subscribers have jumped quite a bit in the last day since I did so. Hopefully this will translate into new players popping onto the servers although most of them don't need new blood. Recruiting is pretty full nearly all the time. Hope you enjoy. I would definitely appreciate a sub from those of you who have active Youtube accounts. That would be cool. Comment on quality/ requests as well. Anyone who has any experience or pointers would be greatly appreciated.  My vids are pretty crude I'm pretty new to all this. Thanks

Edited by ARCHON
  • Like 8

Yeah I noticed things a bit thin last night, even for the AM hours in the US. I usually play at those times and server jammed full. It's not the norm so hey, Here I come! I have permission from the wife to abandon real work for the day lawl!

My latest Video. Playing with more effects now. But my gawd is MovieMaker error laden!

See Yous on the server. I'm off to play! wo0t!

Edited by ARCHON

That's funny, when you try at ~ 1min to get your air strike off when you are actually facing enemies. And even though you pressed that mouse button like a hundred times, you still got killed before you could call for an air strike :D

/JoNny

Nice to see you being so enthusiastic about movie making in ET, it's rare nowadays. You might want to invest into quality over quantity though, you'll get much better, much faster when you put some more effort into these videos. First I'd suggest you to set your ET resolution to 1920 x 1080 so that you can get rid of those black borders in your videos. It can be done with /r_mode -1, r_customwidth 1920, r_customheight 1080, you also might want to get separate movie config to make your game look better. If you really want to put effort in this I'd suggest you to get Image-ET which is made for moviemaking, you also should read crossfire's moviemaking tutorials as you can find numerous usefull tips there to step up your game. Learning moviemaking from scratch is a very slow process and it'll require much patience and work hours to get really good at it, but if you're really into it, it's totally worth it! If you want you can check my channel to see what I've done with these tutorials.

You're doing good, keep it up! Looking foward to see some more videos from you  :thumbsup

• Like 3

Nice to see you being so enthusiastic about movie making in ET, it's rare nowadays. You might want to invest into quality over quantity though, you'll get much better, much faster when you put some more effort into these videos. First I'd suggest you to set your ET resolution to 1920 x 1080 so that you can get rid of those black borders in your videos. It can be done with /r_mode -1, r_customwidth 1920, r_customheight 1080, you also might want to get separate movie config to make your game look better. If you really want to put effort in this I'd suggest you to get Image-ET which is made for moviemaking, you also should read crossfire's moviemaking tutorials as you can find numerous usefull tips there to step up your game. Learning moviemaking from scratch is a very slow process and it'll require much patience and work hours to get really good at it, but if you're really into it, it's totally worth it! If you want you can check my channel to see what I've done with these tutorials.

You're doing good, keep it up! Looking foward to see some more videos from you  :thumbsup

Thankx a million Mirqli, these tips should definitely help and I'll star digesting the material asap. Big time appreciation.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Thankx a million Mirqli, these tips should definitely help and I'll star digesting the material asap. Big time appreciation.

And also remember my tip :P demo demo demo. Don't record live. You can't even use things like image-et in that case.

of course movies like these require a bit of editing...

lol I am missing the game already :P

• Like 4

And also remember my tip :P demo demo demo. Don't record live. You can't even use things like image-et in that case.

of course movies like these require a bit of editing...

lol I am missing the game already :P

the second video is rlly nice :o

These vids look really good. It may be a while before I am going to be able to edit well enough to produce these vids. Not to say that it can't happen eventually, but the editing... My laptop can't even run Vegas I know you can use something inferior but again, this is only part of my problem. I will definitely keep absorbing the info and tutorials and prepare for when I pick up my new desktop. I can probably logically begin this undertaking when I have the proper specs and setup to do this. I can't wait honestly. If I produce something remotely close to this, I'd feel pretty accomplished.

• Clan Friend

My laptop can't even run Vegas I know you can use something inferior

Maybe an older version would run ok (or just using a lower resolution). Most ET videos were made years ago, and back then computers weren't as powerful as they are now.

If you want to test the video quality for some config or tool, you should probably try a very short video, maybe a single frag you like.

But I think even without awesome effects, a video with a nice editing and maybe a nice background music can still be enjoyable to watch.

Especially if you want to show the game as it really is, in those movies they use modified textures, motion blur, etc. etc. so it all ends up looking better than the real game (not to mention the skill of the players usually involved ^^)

MAURMJm.jpg

This was made using ag0n texture pack, and image-et for the motion blur as far as I remember. When I play battery, it looks much uglier :)

• Like 1

Maybe an older version would run ok (or just using a lower resolution). Most ET videos were made years ago, and back then computers weren't as powerful as they are now.

If you want to test the video quality for some config or tool, you should probably try a very short video, maybe a single frag you like.

But I think even without awesome effects, a video with a nice editing and maybe a nice background music can still be enjoyable to watch.

Especially if you want to show the game as it really is, in those movies they use modified textures, motion blur, etc. etc. so it all ends up looking better than the real game (not to mention the skill of the players usually involved ^^)

MAURMJm.jpg

This was made using ag0n texture pack, and image-et for the motion blur as far as I remember. When I play battery, it looks much uglier :)

I know what you mean lol.For now I am at a stand still with my elgato HD60. I followed the tutorial to give me game sound while playing and it worked fine, but as of yesterday, I am not able to record the game sound and get it in the game as well. It's quite frustrating to say the least. I am thinking it is a hardware issue and have to replace this tool. I've literally TS'd the darn thing a good 60 times. I haven't used it that much lol. Oh well. At least now I'll have to look into other methods of producing. We'll see what happens. I was just about to tour Jay2 lol. Grrr..

Edited by ARCHON

I got a bit of footage form Jay2, but not enoughs. So if yer not busy, come and populate the server for me. I'll be on for a bit, starting.... In 5 minutes. See yous there.

• Leader

Archon, did you know that when you are mortaring, you can hold down your G-key all the time to see where your rounds fall?  You don't have to switch to Limbo.

• Like 2