I quit smoking

Shoes

• Platinum VIP
On 12/7/2022 at 5:03 PM, rMks said:

I am also one month without!

Lets gooooooooooooooo

Dare if you smoke again.. than you dead by me !!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprise 1

Stay up guys! 1 month or two, you gotta start somewhere right? Don't Give In!

3 years later, still smoke free, and the benefits have been tremendous! Your body will love you for it. Trust me. Being able to breath properly, blood pressure gets better, the taste and smell of food (HELL YEA!!) just... so many great benefits! Stay strong ppl you can do itl! 💪 

• Like 7
  • 100 2

i start smoking at the very young age of  7  my first  smoke was a cigar not really sure if it was a black and mild or a  sweisher sweet one of the 2  i smoked  cigarettes all the way up to  i was 30 or 31  i picked up vaping started out with a  nec of 12 and i have since moved down to a 6 and 0 <<< has THC  in and not nec 😛 but still that is a way to try  give vaping ago  if not  just quit and walk away stay away from it your going to want to get the smell out of everything you own to are your just going to go ture hell once you can smell again 

• 2 months later...

~20 minutes after cessation: improvement of peripheral arterial circulation
 ~8h after cessation: normalization of oxygen saturation levels in blood
~48h after cessation: Improvement of taste and smell

~72h after cessation: Relaxation of lung alveoles, granting you greater ease of breathing

~8 weeks after cessation: Statistically significant and clinically relevant reduction of peri-operative complications if an (any) operation takes place

~3-9 months after cessation: Significant and relevant improvement of lung function as measured using spirometry

~2 years after cessation: Acute cardiac infarction related morbidity reduced by 50%. Your risk is further reduced to population level (= normal level) after 10 years.

~10 years after cessation: Relative risk reduction of 50% for lung cancer. Your risk is further reduced to population level (= normal level) after 20 years.

~Instantly after cessation: improved response and decreased morbidity caused by chemo- and radiotherapy when applied.

Source: my curriculum's student course for the clinical exam for medicine. Sadly they don't provide their source but just a picture of the book without a title, so I can't give you any better than "It comes out of a textbook that previous year med students apparently read in preparation for their exam", which is about as much as "dude trust me" 😛