Gameday suggestions

Bowly

Game-day suggestions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Only allow one gamemode per map (unless the gamemode does not work for the map)

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep it the way it is now
  2. 2. Do not allow max gravity or a high level of gravity for gameday

• Yes
    • No
    • Keep it the way it is now

Yes it was on silent (fun1). You're making me doubt about silent mod, it could be manual there. Anyway. Does it matter? If an admin uses bad gravity on a bad moment, pm is a good solution.

i did and got ignored.

• Administrators

but previous gameday was on silent? not jaymod? and i'm not saying it was you.

I really don't keep track of gamedays. I only get asked, yes/no for gameday on this server with date and time and I say yes and I set up required access. 

Since you have raised concern and I checked up logs from fun #1 (Tks for mentioning) and it seems high gravity was only set for couple of mins max and then it was instantly set back to 500. No where in the logs, I see anything for more then 10 mins at least. 10 mins is what i searched for since you mentioned for 10-15 mins.

I really don't keep track of gamedays. I only get asked, yes/no for gameday on this server with date and time and I say yes and I set up required access. 

Since you have raised concern and I checked up logs from fun #1 (Tks for mentioning) and it seems high gravity was only set for couple of mins max and then it was instantly set back to 500. No where in the logs, I see anything for more then 10 mins at least. 10 mins is what i searched for since you mentioned for 10-15 mins.

i said several minutes (10-15 deaths as a matter of speaking)

• Administrators

i said several minutes (10-15 deaths as a matter of speaking)

As I said, high gravity wasn't set for more then 10 mins. The max I saw was of 7 mins. Now it might be straight map and hence it was set? No idea. Since I wasn't present at that time, I can't comment. But through out whole day 7 minutes appx to be exact was the time for max gravity set. I am not going to be nut picky on seconds or micro seconds. 

Since you didn't like it, I am pretty sure you felt those 7 mins as 15 mins but as per the "logs" 7 mins is max. I dig up whole logs for you. There is nothing more, I can do on that if you don't want to believe. 

• Like 1

As I said, high gravity wasn't set for more then 10 mins. The max I saw was of 7 mins. Now it might be straight map and hence it was set? No idea. Since I wasn't present at that time, I can't comment. But through out whole day 7 minutes appx to be exact was the time for max gravity set. I am not going to be nut picky on seconds or micro seconds. 

Since you didn't like it, I am pretty sure you felt those 7 mins as 15 mins but as per the "logs" 7 mins is max. I dig up whole logs for you. There is nothing more, I can do on that if you don't want to believe. 

but i never said it was more than 10 minutes? if you dont think 7 mins of extreme gravity is alot then you can close this topic. i thought it was alot hence the topic.

but i never said it was more than 10 minutes? if you dont think 7 mins of extreme gravity is alot then you can close this topic. i thought it was alot hence the topic.

Correct, you didn't. Point is if a few minutes of bad gravity is the only thing that went wrong, I think the gameday team (I wasn't there) did quite a good job. You didn't say they did a bad job, correct. But you do propose a rule to disallow high gravity. That's why we reply with: "bad idea, we like it as it is".

It's the internet, I think getting a thick skin for these little things is a good idea. If things really get way out of hand you can always take a demo.

• Like 2

• Administrators

In my book: Several minutes = At least more then xx minutes. In xx 10 is lowest so I set min 10 while searching logs.  7 is not that much if the map has flat spawn. As I said, I can't comment since most of the admins change randomly based on map.  When it's one digit mins, we call it few minutes. 

If things really get way out of hand you can always take a demo.

And use contact us section http://fearless-assassins.com/contactus/ :)

Edited by Night Hunter
  • Like 1

Correct, you didn't. Point is if a few minutes of bad gravity is the only thing that went wrong, I think the gameday team (I wasn't there) did quite a good job. You didn't say they did a bad job, correct. But you do propose a rule to disallow high gravity. That's why we reply with: "bad idea, we like it as it is".

It's the internet, I think getting a thick skin for these little things is a good idea. If things really get way out of hand you can always take a demo.

what does a thick skin has to do with this? i think that what happend was disruptive for players on the server, so thats why i suggested rules. but if common sense solves this, thats the better

In my book: Several minutes = At least more then xx minutes. In xx 10 is lowest so I set min 10 while searching logs.  7 is not that much if the map has flat spawn. As I said, I can't comment since most of the admins change randomly based on map.  When it's one digit mins, we call it few minutes. 

then i guess we had a misunderstanding, so if serveral minutes means more than 10 mins, then appologize for misunderstanding. my english is good, but not great obviously.

and if i remember correctly the map was braundorf, where it was as you said 7 mins. and there are alot of stairs there. 

So you agree that 99% time of gameday is fun and okey, but you made topic for only 1%, we cant be perfect mate, not in life not in here, if you think that there is something wrong in server, take demo ask in admin chat to fix it (if you cant fix it) and use contact us and add demos there, but you just disconnect and after 4-5 week start talking to it.

I have always sayed to ppls, let us know what you think, start suggestion topics when needed, dont keep it inside of you, let us know where you want that we do better job, but be ready that answer not always please you, we cant do changes only based one vote or two vote if majority keep our current style. I have made suggestions too and hear that it will not work. I still do about 1-2 suggestion per month, i think there has only 1 or 2 what has taken to use, one of those is Gamedays. Dont be stubborn if we say that "no we cant execute your suggestion" 

Peoples send they suggestion here and say what they want, but some how you have big need to reply on every suggestion what is made and press your suggestion because you think its only right answer because "its not fun to die so much" in your words. I dont deny you to reply on this topic, but your answer is always same, is my point :) lets give ppls suggest here and lets not make counter reply to those every time.

• Like 1

So you agree that 99% time of gameday is fun and okey, but you made topic for only 1%, we cant be perfect mate, not in life not in here, if you think that there is something wrong in server, take demo ask in admin chat to fix it (if you cant fix it) and use contact us and add demos there, but you just disconnect and after 4-5 week start talking to it.

I have always sayed to ppls, let us know what you think, start suggestion topics when needed, dont keep it inside of you, let us know where you want that we do better job, but be ready that answer not always please you, we cant do changes only based one vote or two vote if majority keep our current style. I have made suggestions too and hear that it will not work. I still do about 1-2 suggestion per month, i think there has only 1 or 2 what has taken to use, one of those is Gamedays. Dont be stubborn if we say that "no we cant execute your suggestion" 

Peoples send they suggestion here and say what they want, but some how you have big need to reply on every suggestion what is made and press your suggestion because you think its only right answer because "its not fun to die so much" in your words. I dont deny you to reply on this topic, but your answer is always same, is my point :) lets give ppls suggest here and lets not make counter reply to those every time.

So now you're saying i shouldn't have made this suggestion or what? i keep answering here cause people apperently misunderstand me.

and my answer is always the same, since its always the same question being asked over and over. i asked daredevil to close this, since it's not going to be fruitful since the only thing is happening here is either people telling me i was wrong about the manual setting of gravity (which i wasn't) or they misunderstand what i'm trying to do here. So just close this already.

I have always sayed to ppls, let us know what you think, start suggestion topics when needed, dont keep it inside of you, let us know where you want that we do better job, but be ready that answer not always please you, we cant do changes only based one vote or two vote if majority keep our current style.

lets give ppls suggest here and lets not make counter reply to those every time.

So now you're saying i shouldn't have made this suggestion or what?

and my answer is always the same, since its always the same question being asked over and over. i asked daredevil to close this, since it's not going to be fruitful since the only thing is happening here is either people telling me i was wrong about the manual setting of gravity (which i wasn't) or they misunderstand what i'm trying to do here. So just close this already.

Stop reading things no one ever said.

There is no need to close anything, you need to stop taking offense. There were some very useful things said, for example about the manual setting of crazy gravity. We also got to know that we should pay attention to crazy gravity duration. This topic isn't only there for you. The forum is open to everyone and maybe others have other suggestions.

Suggestions can be useful even if they're not being applied. I think you're the one misunderstanding things here.

Stop reading things no one ever said.

There is no need to close anything, you need to stop taking offense. There were some very useful things said, for example about the manual setting of crazy gravity. We also got to know that we should pay attention to crazy gravity duration. This topic isn't only there for you. The forum is open to everyone and maybe others have other suggestions.

Suggestions can be useful even if they're not being applied. I think you're the one misunderstanding things here.

Why would you think i take offense? i'm just saying that if people keep asking the same questions is not usefull, and i get tired of have to answer the same questions and constantly have people question what i say is right or not.

• Administrators

It's ok. Confusions are bound to happen when we have people from different countries. No clan or community or race or people can escape it. It's the fact that people need to understand.

Your point -> Don't use high gravity during game day for pro long time. 

Others reply -> Point noted. 

Let's keep it simple lol

• Like 4