Bottle Neck Maps

Toolx

I don't have a problem with any maps, I find them all do be good and fair. But when you pack them with 50 players some of them are just unwinable under certain conditions. For example "goldrush" : once the tank is disableed behind the loop it's nearly impossable to get to it, repair it and get it to the door, even if you do you then have to get past 25 axis crammed into one court yard. I have won this map w/ allies many times but never with 40+ players on the map. Other scenerios include one way exists from spawn site. Since you allow spawn killing it's very easy for 6 guys to lock down an exit and keep the other side from even getting out the door, creating a non-winable situation.

If your going to have so many ppl on the server, perhaps selecting wide open maps is best. Thank you for your time and will cya in game.

wide open maps = lag

+1 there. Also yesterday on Battery with server full it seemed almost impossible to get to the gun controls when passing axis spawn. I got lucky by a quick run but otherwise it would be impossible because of the extra short spawn time and a room full of axis.

Thats another point: In maps like goldrush each objective gets farther away from allies spawn point and closer to axis spawn making each move harder as it progresses. In other maps the spawn point for each sides moves as each objective is reached keeping the challenge (at least the distance traveled) equal duiring all phases of the map. I'm not a map designer just a guy full of complaints and no ability to fix them :(..

• Administrators

I'm not a map designer just a guy full of complaints and no ability to fix them :(..

haha then you are in my league! I can see your point and up to certain extent it's true.

We have few map designers on forum, I hope they can help us! You can add new spawn point using map scripts.

ET itself isn't designed for more than 24 players. Offense can't win in a 25v25 unless teams are really unfair or nobody on defense is watching the objective, which happens quite a bit in those servers since it's all about silly frags anyways. Plus, the chances of finding 24 other random people that are willing to work as a team are slim to none. We tried a 10v10 campaign with competitive players a few months ago, and although it was fun, it was a mess. The only easy way to help it would be to make the defense's spawntime longer.

Edited by Number1Dad

As I said originally I like all the maps, the issue was making them work better with 50 ppl. I like the spawn time change NO1-dad made, it's simple and easy. Wide open maps cause lag (so I'm told) and many closed maps have pathways to small to accomidate the numbers. So I'll keep my eye open for ones that meet the needs stated.

another solution is to

i agree with TOOLX but ET maps were design under certain conditions that FA turn those option off

some of those options are still on on other FA servers but are not as popular as recruit server

if you join those servers you will see that the conditions are much balanced and harder

some of those options are:

1 to turn on friendly fire

2 give spawn limit to each individual player, so no one will kamikaze , when the spawn number finish you have to wait until the last player finishes the map or loses his/her spawn number, last player who survive determine the winner team. like this people are more careful about protecting themselves

3 Turn off (gay ass) double jump

4 walking on land mines trigger , friendly or foe

5 command post spawn time drastically change the spawn time limit

and many more that i cant recall now

Edited by Diablo

Hmm agree with No1Dad, 50 peeps on 1 server is fun but you can forget about objective unless the other team is severely skill challenged err blind maybe blink.gif, easy fix would be adjusting spawntimes to normal with tkin on imo, would force people to think before they act etc, etc., its Jaymod tho anyway so don't rly see the need or problem with leaving it as is. I'd suggest the other FA servers Pub N' Hardcore if ya that bent on teamwork issues.

I usually play in ETPUB or hardcore so I can't complaint much. Anyway, Friendly Fire can already be a problem with only 10 vs 10 (in case you have a silly fops or panzer noob in your team) so I think that having FF in a server with 25 vs 25 would make the game unplayable, you will just be pissed at your teammates all the time!