Croatian - Post your questions here

Zavesti = to seduce someone

To start/ begin = početi

"To walk with someone together" is ok - šetati zajedno s nekim

"To start with someone together" - započeti s nekim nešto (something like that)

Here I must point out that "zavesti" can have different meaning, depending on context. Examples:

"Zaveo sam djevojku" - I seduced a girl (or the girl, if u mean on specific one, as i.e. u mentioned her name in a previous sentence), comes from verb "zavoditi" (to seduce, seducing)

"Zaveo ga je na krivi put" - He misled him (into the wrong direction, lifestyle, road or other context), so you can use it as a synonym for mislead or deceive

It is not correct, as you can often read: "Zaveo sam podatak" (I entered an information) or "Zaveo sam red, rulja se smirila napokon" (I brought order, the crowd calmed down at last). The correct usage is to use verb "uvesti" (to bring into or to make into, you can also use "introduce" in context of "bring", establish is also often correct)

"Uveo sam podatak u registar" or "Uveo sam reda u državu" is correct ("I entered the information into the register", "I brought order into the state")

If anyone needs help with Croatian, I am also willing to help where I can.

• Like 1

Well I see I'm not usefull here anymore xD I like to stick to simple explenations. Otherwise I would copy paste from google everything I find lol.

• 5 weeks later...

@xP.Bo0m!?

I try not to forget how Croatian language is actually hard to learn. Even many Croatians don't know it properly (I find errors everywhere :( ). I love our language very much, so I try not only to learn it for my self properly, but also to learn others as much as I can. Croatian will probably die one day as a language, there are not so many of us in the world (although we are very resourceful people, I guess - I mean, where else do you see people spend more money than they earn?! :D ).

• Like 1

@xP.Bo0m!?

I try not to forget how Croatian language is actually hard to learn. Even many Croatians don't know it properly (I find errors everywhere :( ). I love our language very much, so I try not only to learn it for my self properly, but also to learn others as much as I can. Croatian will probably die one day as a language, there are not so many of us in the world (although we are very resourceful people, I guess - I mean, where else do you see people spend more money than they earn?! :D ).

You have a point there m8. Maybe I'm not as patiente as you are and my english is way worse than yours, also I'm much younger than you (don't take this as an insult haha) so maybe I don't take this topic serious as I should. :)

• 2 weeks later...

To fart - perdam?

To poop the pants?

"Small kids poops a pants"? :)

Love ya

To fart- prdnuti

fart-prdac

To poop the pants - posrati se u gace or bit nicer term-pokakati se u gace

Small kids poops pants - Mala djeca seru/kakaju u gace

Kakati actually sounds wierd it is more of a word you would say to a child or something that child would say, so "posrati se u gace" is more like "To shit in pants" and to poop is "kakati".

We balkans do not like to use nicer words I guess :P

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

1 na mene ne računaj - dont count on me

Racun - bill

Tako--

To Count money - računat novac ? :)

Jelda?

2 "Van Patrick! Izađi van!"

Go out Pat! Da?

3 Frka = COOL? :(

4 nemam pojma -- no understanding (i dont have any clue!) :)

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

Racun - bill

Tako--

Jelda?

Go out Pat!

Yes racun can also mean bill.

But in this case   racunaj - count

Tako-so/thus/such

• Like 1

Racun - bill

Tako--

Jelda?

Go out Pat! Da?

3 Frka = COOL? :(

4 nemam pojma -- no understanding (i dont have any clue!) :)

Frka mostly means in terms of Do u have a problem, do we have a problem kind of style, or Frka itself could be used as a metaphor for problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, guys, little off topic. I am flying to my beloved Croatia and superb Slovenia for.... some months!! Ljubljana, Split, Zadar, Bled, Zagreb on my list. :) Finally I can practice on my own (with silly errors and diff. meaning same words problemo) ;)))))

See you out there!

PS I will try to learn some slovenian too, If I Can At All

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1

Ok, guys, little off topic. I am flying to my beloved Croatia and superb Slovenia for.... some months!! Ljubljana, Split, Zadar, Bled, Zagreb on my list. :) Finally I can practice ony own (with silly errors and diff. meaning same words problemo) ;)))))

See you out there!

When will that be exactly? Be sure to put Rijeka in your passage plan. Would be nice to meet you :)

• Like 2

Obavezno Dulečki, compa!! Čekaj meni 10 ili 12 srpnja u tvojem gradu! :),Hajdemo pjit hladno pivo zaedno

See!!? I am improve my croation with your help, you guys!!

Edited by Patrick
  • Like 1