Dayz Server

daredevil

How about giving chance to one of it first in the first year? Then to see if userbase grows up, we stick and support that.

If the first pick is going down the drain, then we go to option 2 and continue from there since we cannot have both world at the same time on this one?

I know nearly nothing on both if you ask me. How about we go to original and the earlier release? Then from there and in the future, if large inquiries as to when FA is having the mod version, then we draw another line from there?

To which one, still your call DD. 

• Like 2

I'm not aware of any performance differences (neither are exactly the picture of optimization....), so is personal preference all we're working with? If so, then maybe we can set up a poll or pros and cons lists for each one? It'd be easier for DD to organize the server if we have just a straight answer of "____ people want the SA and ____ people want the mod." 

Im not sure which one is the earliest version but going to which one to use, would also depend on the numbers who will suppor it

Yea, polling. But this is another thing, continuing and making the crowd bigger is another step. We should invite more players on this for it to blossom, and stay away from the old BF3 server story. :|

I'm not aware of any performance differences (neither are exactly the picture of optimization....), so is personal preference all we're working with? If so, then maybe we can set up a poll or pros and cons lists for each one? It'd be easier for DD to organize the server if we have just a straight answer of "____ people want the SA and ____ people want the mod."

Mod is more popular, has more options,.

However, communities are segregated because of the many types of mods, developer support is focused on standalone, so it's a gamble in my opinion. Mod is more well developed but how long will it last once standalone catches up?

Standalone is still in works, a little buggier, but has developer attention. plus potential for mods later on as well.

Also Arma 3 is out... so Dayz is going there as well which could kill the Arma2 mod.

A couple of threads with good points for both sides.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/169195-dayz-standalone-vs-arma-2-mod-version/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/540744934257898527/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/35219681841704974/

• Like 1

Fair points, but one thing I'm wondering: 

Mod is more well developed but how long will it last once standalone catches up?

Can we make a mod server for now and then change it once SA gets up to par? 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Due to constraint on hard drive space of SSD we are limited to one server.. I would have added just 2 servers and end all the debate.. but SSD are costly. 

OR

What we can do is someone willing to donated 20$/month dedicated then I would get SSD on US machine and then we have one US and One Euro server. Let me know what is best for us and I will go for it. 

All i am aware of is that the mod is currently more popular.

from my research, which might not have been the greatest ever, shows that there are about 1500+/- dayz standalone servers.

Epoch alone has over 3000 servers at the current times, excluding normal dayz and other mods.

• Like 1

any update on this? or something I could help out with?

I am really looking forward to a DayZ server :D

• Administrators

any update on this? or something I could help out with?

I am really looking forward to a DayZ server :D

So far I don't even know what everyone wants.. Once it's decided what majority likes.. I can work on it. I asked 3 times by now and I am not going to ask 4th time. 

Someone can create topic and add poll and discuss it out. Based on discussion I will add the server.

• Like 1

So far I don't even know what everyone wants.. Once it's decided what majority likes.. I can work on it. I asked 3 times by now and I am not going to ask 4th time. 

Someone can create topic and add poll and discuss it out. Based on discussion I will add the server.

allright, I will create a topic later tonight on this subject to settle for a server

\/ link to topic

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/63206-dayz-server-what-would-you-like-to-see/

• Like 2