DayZ server: What would you like to see?

Owned

DayZ server mod/standalone choise  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of DayZ would you like? (please elaborate about your choise below)

• Dayz: Standalone
    • Dayz: Mod - normal version
    • Dayz: Mod - Epoch
    • Dayz: other

As requested by Daredevil: What would you like to see if =F|A= were to host a DayZ server?

Please use the following form to explain your choise:

What I'd like to see the server run (standalone/mod):

Reason why I'd like to see this:

Possible pro's:

Possible con's:

For example (and my entry)

What I'd like to see the server run (standalone/mod): DayZ: Mod - Epoch

Reason why I'd like to see this: This is currently the most popular version of DayZ as I am aware of, and played this for quite some time and had tons of fun playing it.

Possible pro's: Possibility of lots of players as this is the most popular version thus far. General gist of the mod is easy to understand and not hard to master if you know how to play basic DayZ.

Possible con's: As this is one of the most popular mods for DayZ currently it also means there are a lot of servers that run it currently, and could make it difficult to get a decent player base and thus would require some input from members/friends and etc to get the server running.

might prove more difficult to set up as it is highly advised to add some custom locations and maybe events to the rotation in the server to make it stand out from other Epoch servers.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all would like to see if this is going to happen :)

• Like 5

What I'd like to see the server run (standalone/mod): Dayz Mod: Epoch

Reason why I'd like to see this: Less glitches

Possible pro's: More people got it

Possible con's: None.

Edited by Nosense
  • Like 1

Strippers

Can we please keep this a serious topic?

This is about a future server and I would like to keep this a clean topic.

If you have any input on this matter please use the issued form above.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Dayz: Mod - Epoch has a leading vote, any more votes???

As they say, we will cross the bridge when we get there, so let's go for the leading vote? Then we will see the numbers after some time...trying.

What I'd like to see the server run (standalone/mod): Epoch mod of ARMA II DayZ

Reason why I'd like to see this: It never gets old. Playing just the mod or standalone kind of gets boring once you're fully kitted. In Epoch, you can do so much more. 

Possible pro's: Very heavily populated servers (I can never find empty ones, I even look for those on purpose)

Lots of things to do (vehicles, weapons, base building, trading, etc.)

Possible con's:

Server should be restarted every 4 hours for loot to regen

Requires a good bit of ram and potentially a SSD to run well

I think the pros outweigh the cons here. The numbers speak for themselves, epoch is what it's all about right now. 

Standalone - Eventually it will be the go to version. It is constantly being updated, and at some point will leave the other behind, which in my opinion it already has.

To me the standalone version gives you the real feel for the epic lonliness and emptiness this apocalypse would be.

I don't care to much for the mods and what they offer, to me they make the game easier, and take away from the feel and purpose of what the game is supposed to be.

Remember, I am saying to me, this is how I feel.

In the long run, this is the version that everyone will be playing, and we wont have to play catch up.

• Like 3

Standalone for sure.

Graphically there is no comparison and also I agree with Chameleon on every point.

It really gives you the sensation of surviving and trying to make due with what you have.

While in standalone 3 bullets is a great find and gives you an advantage, the mod gives you a jeep with an M60 attached to the top -.- 

I personally prefer the realism, the overwhelming feeling of helplessness and the sensation of making due with very little.

:D tis my opinion 

• Like 2