Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

daredevil

• Administrators

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is a multiplayer action video game developed by Torn Banner Studios as their first commercial title.[2] The game is set in a fictional world resembling the Middle Ages and offers similar gameplay combat to the developer's previously released Half-Life 2 mod, Age of Chivalry. On September 20, 2012, a trailer was released which set the release date to October 16, 2012.[3] The developers had confirmed that the game would be PC exclusive, though they stated the possibility of console versions if the interest were great enough.[4][5] An expansion pack called Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior was announced on August 23, 2013. It's a tie-in for the television series Deadliest Warrior.[6]

http://store.steampowered.com/app/219640/

Chivalry has similar gameplay mechanics to Age of Chivalry, a Half-Life 2 mod created by the same developer, Torn Banner Studios.[2][3] Combat is primarily melee,[7] carried out from either a first person or third person perspective using medieval implements of war: swords, maces, longbows, and other weaponry of the time are used to hack, smash, and rain arrows down upon enemies.[3] The game also features ballistae, catapults, and boiling oil to use on enemies and their fortifications.[7] Online matches are affected through objective-based gameplay, such as breaching a castle gate with a battering ram or looting a foe's camp.[3] While the game does not have a single-player campaign, there are plans to create an offline mode in the future.[7]

Anyone played this game?

• Like 1

I have and it's pretty fun. Haven't played the expansion though.

It can be a little bit hard at first. If I remember correctly, mouse1, wheel up and wheel down each give a different swing with the weapon your using.

Mouse2 is used to block. You need to block at the right time or you're getting hit...or dismembered!

It's very amusing to decapitate people or even seeing your character being killed lol.

There are some voice sound you can do and they're very fun. When the whole team spawn and they all start screaming...I find it hilarious.

It is worth the $9! Playing with friends obviously make it even more fun!

• Like 1

not sure if weird coincidence or someone from FA hacked my pc, but I installed it again today actually becouse i wanted to play something different.

Have had the game for a while now and really enjoyed playing it. the best part being is the voice chat options like in wolfenstein like meow mentioned.

Has also a variety of gamemodes which is really great, havent played the expansion either and might have to look into that :D

I just bought this game on the summer sale and although I completely suck at it( but once you leave the turn based strategy game genre, I pretty much suck at the games  :dntk  ) I like it and think our own server would be a great idea  :cheers

• Like 2

I just bought this game on the summer sale and although I completely suck at it( but once you leave the turn based strategy game genre, I pretty much suck at the games  :dntk  ) I like it and think our own server would be a great idea  :cheers

Yeah I agree, it would be cool to see a FA server for chivalry.

Have been playing it almost the entire day now and had a lot of fun smashing people's face in :D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Game is cheap and thinking to start dedicated server for it.. if i can.

Chivalry is badass! If we had a server I would be on there all the time! Especially with new patches and mods... It's a fantastic game. Hand to hand combat, gore, customizable armor, hilarious vsays, this game is off the hook!

Very fun! I would totally be down to devote some time as admin if we have a server. It's not hard to spot hacks either. There is also a team vote system on maps and player kicks etc.

• 1 month later...