Any Bass players ?

TrueSelf

So Last night i heard That Several =F|A= members play the bass! If You play, leave a  reply bellow with your favorite  song and bass/basses you own!

Hear is mine, Favorite song : schism by Tool

My bass..

Ibanez SDGR

m1dTrAqGpnrpy7HGfn0UCSg.jpg
  • Like 3

Not a bass player... I might get on my list of things to learn someday but my favorite bassist is Les Claypool.

• Like 3

Not a bass player... I might get on my list of things to learn someday but my favorite bassist is Les Claypool.

Likes me some Les, he has a very unique style..  I like the old schoolers like Rocco Prestia, Jaco Pastorious, and Noel Redding..

This is me holding my Warwick Corvette Proline

post-10942-0-97748700-1403456346_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have a remake of the B.C. Rich Black Warlock bass guitar. This is my second bass, the first one was when I just started. I bought it for $20 from a friend. A year later I decided to buy this one, mainly because I thought it looked cool. I haven't been able to practice very much, but I play every other week with a band (just for fun).

I would like to learn how to play Jazz, when I have time and money again. But I want to play the stand-up bass for that.

original1.379640.1.jpg

Favorite song is hard, I don't know.

Here is an old topic, so don't reply to it. But it does have some pictures of guitars some members here have. So if you're interested, check it out.

Edited by ajnl
  • Like 3

• Clan Friend

I don't play now, but some time ago I played the bass a bit for like 2 yrs ('for fun', I'm not good).

Then I had to quit for a hand injury :( and then I got hooked into playing Enemy Territory. Now I would like to learn to play again, but I'm afraid I would get pain and numbness in the right hand if I don't pay attention, because I never recovered fully.

This is the bass I got

I am too lazy to take a pic of mine :D, so I googled around and I found a pic of the same model and color - Fender Jazz Special fretless, this is not mine but it looks exatly the same

IMG_0006_2_zpsd2cd1980.jpg

favorite song... I don't know, I'd be happy if I could play YYZ by Rush

• Like 4

• Clan Friend

You play fretless? Thats pretty impressive.

It would be impressive if I played it well :P but I don't think there is much difference once you get used to it.

Of course some things are harder (for example if you want to play chords, and play them perfectly in tune) but for 'normal' bass lines it's more or less as hard as a regular bass, you have to stretch your hand a bit more when you play closer to the nut maybe, but that's all (imho).

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, pretty awesome that some of you can play bass. I wish I was good at playing bass, but I don't even own one ;-;. How did you guys learn it? Bought one yourself and practise or did you get lessons for it? :3

Wow, pretty awesome that some of you can play bass. I wish I was good at playing bass, but I don't even own one ;-;. How did you guys learn it? Bought one yourself and practise or did you get lessons for it? :3

I am teaching myself , witch is fun but bad habits can be formed i would suggest getting a few lessons before going out on your own. It will allow you to learn proper ,or more practical methods of playing  !

B)  B)  B)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I'm a guitar as well as a bass player =DD

My favourite song?? Well uhhhmm... Nirvana - Dive ^.^
Actually I like anything to play with a rocky and/or metallic groove.
I have 4 guitars (including 1 bass ofcourse) and probably 6 around May 2015...

Here's my sequence of guitars I've obtained as my ''first guitar'' to the last guitar...

1. Ibanez GiO (Red and Black)
2. Ibanez Acoustic (Black)
3. Ibanez GSR 200 (Black) <== (Bass guitar)
4. Ibanez RG 440 V (Cosmo Black)

List of desired future guitars:

5. Fender Squier Hello Kitty Guitar (Black and Pink) xD
6. Fender Statocaster (Black and White)
7. Who knows... xD