new to fa

neebs

Hello,  this is emthipple's wife.  I am trying to get into gaming so I am soooooooooooooo new at this.  Could use some gaming advice if any would like to help me out.  

• Like 6

noob_tn_Freaking_Noob-s300x450-48270-580

Hah. Kidding.

Welcome to the FA forums. :)

Biggest piece of advice I find for new gamers... Don't let frustration get the best of you. Take time to learn at your own pace and when you 'die/fail/lose' in a game, take it as a learning lesson. Eventually you'll get better. 

• Like 4

:) congrats, you made me laugh!  nice to meet you.  my husband is trying to get me started on Enemy Territory and I'm having some troubles.  I am the newest of noobs, I guess, but I want to learn as much as I can.  The troubles that I'm having are trying to play the game in the first place.  I got an error that said something like a pure server or something...

Edited by neebs

Welcome to the forums and try reading this tutorial.

If this is the error you are getting, this will help you out. See you on the game servers. I play at Silent#1, play on Nq2 to get the gameplay feel and own some bots to get used to controls without having to ragequit :).

Welcome to the forums!

I suggest you try our beginners server, b1.clan-fa.com aka Jay3. ;)

And feel free to ask for help creating a configuration that works with you (right crosshair, mouse sensitivity, etc)