Interesting glitch in Enemy Territory

Pepperonipizza

This isn't one of those "omfg haxor!" glitches, it's not really of much help. It's just something interesting I discovered about a year ago. When you jump of a ledge, or if you fall and you should receive less than 50hp damage when you land, you can prevent actually getting the damage.

How? Simply do /playdead (bind it to a mouse button or something) right before you land. This way, you receive no damage at all!

I've never actively used it myself in a gunfight or something, but I thought that this is an interesting glitch. Does anyone have any idea why it's like this?

Another little bit of interesting irrelevant "playdead" tips. When you are sliding across ice just "playdead" and you will come to a complete stop, then just pop right back up and point yourself in what ever direction you want and continue on.

Another little bit of interesting irrelevant "playdead" tips. When you are sliding across ice just "playdead" and you will come to a complete stop, then just pop right back up and point yourself in what ever direction you want and continue on.

In snowboarding we call that "the booty-E brake".

Interesting tid-bits about play dead though.

you can playdead on etpro :o

thx for tips, certainly gonna use them

any advice for which button you use playdead?

well for quickness i use mouse 3 button (pressing the mouse wheel)