Can we get a World at War Server

ReaperROS

Recently I purchased Call of Duty: World at War on Steam, it's only like $20. I was worried because I had read in the forums that thousands of people still want to play this classic game. but there is a lack of decent servers. So I bought the game and yes there is indeed a lack of decent servers. Nearly every server is run with rules such as crouch only, or my favorite the only thing you can do is breath. It so stupid, and these are hardcore servers. So the servers are heavily geared towards camping and there's nothing you can do about it because you can only use hand grenades. Plus I consider hardcore to be the worst form of gameplay anyways. I like to see if  Daredevil can look into getting a WAW Server, they're only like $25 for a 25 slot server on gameservers.com, if not I may just pick one up, just to have a decent server to play on...

I would be interested in playing it again.

Honestly man, it's a great game. To me it beats any other game Treyarch put out. I just love dueling it out with other bolts action users lol. However I don't think the server should be Hardcore, getting insta killed across the map by a PPSH is pretty stupid :)

I really never understood crouch only. I mean the sound of someone running isn't infinite. It has a small radius. Crouching just makes it easier to kill the other person who's crouching because they're moving so slow. Then the same servers will have a rule, Crouch only, no rifle grenades or rockets. So that automatically gives you no way to deal with campers from long range.

I actually don't know how the higher ups evaluate game servers. Honestly though if a server didn't have a certain amount of players per month, I'd axe it and move on to something else. I'm also not overly concerned about ow many FA players play it. I'm concerned with how many of those WAW players we can bring into our community. That's fresh territory...

It takes a lot of people to dedicate time in order to get the server going. I've seen F|A try to expand to other games but it is hard to do when there is no motivation from a large group of people to camp servers to get the server populated. It sounds like a great idea, but unless someone is willing to fork over the money to help set up the server I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

I believe DD has said in the past that, with us struggling on donations as it is, we're not about to open a new server out of FA's collective pocket when we have so many servers going unpopulated. The COD4 promod server only exists because other members donated specifically for it to be opened, so it stands to reason that a WAW server would need to be funded by members and have enough interest before being considered.

Side note: What Corey said <_<

Edited by Heretic121
Damn it, Corey
  • Like 2

ya i could see if there was a large number of people donating and willing to help run and pay for the costs of the servers then it'd be different but beyond that point its not always easy to start off into other games with out members signed up for it.

Could start the server but who is taking challenge to make it populated? 

Hell I'd throw the server ip right up on Steam myself with everyone complaining about the other servers. Actually let me put some feelers out and see what happen's. I'll let you know....

Ok, so I was going to go ahead and pay for a World at War server out of my own pocket, however FA only accepts Paypal, and I'll never use that again. I don't even use PayPal as a gateway for my own clients. So I'll chip in if someone wants to start one, but I'm not using PP... 

Get a prepaid Visa debit card from Walmart and use that if Paypal makes you nervous. There are also people on this forum, such as myself, that would pay for it if you sent them a cashiers check. I have no problem using Paypal. 

That's pretty bad servers have a crouch only rule haha. I have a copy of the game that I haven't played in many years. This would give me a reason to try it again some night. I can't say I'd be a regular though. 

I love the game, it's a relief compared with the spray and pray of COD4 lol. There was a time when you could check out through paypal without being a member of paypal...