Pro

urby

I think if u want to be a good player , play only etpro for a year or so.

Then u come back to etpub, jaymod, silent or what ever mod adn u will see how etpro has increased your skill.

And ofcorse headset is needed to hear enemies from near / behind . And pay atention on your minimap / radar .

• Like 1

First of all, get a good config. You can find some on the Forums.
Play with your mouse configuration and see what works for you (sensi, x,y coordinates etc..).

If you need further help, contact me via xfire.

• 3 weeks later...

I have some suggestions..

I find that if you actually get comfortable, and have a comfortable gaming position that you are able to aim better, especially get a comfortable mouse thats comfortable to YOUR hands. Atleast that's how it is for me.

Also try to Relax and Focus on the game, make good decisions, anticipate, don't get hotheaded etc.

Also don't go apeshit strafing around when trying to win a firefight, i find that aiming with your movement and a little with your mouse can maneuver you to actually get better headshots and steady your aim better.

Try to dodge the bullets, strafe a little bit and play around with your opponent.

Be confident in your abilities and practice, don't ever choke in a firefight or anything, maintain stability, it's how you can get better overtime. I also use a plain white medium sized DOT when playing, it helps me aim for headshots more precisely, but that's just me.

Also do quick analysis everytime you die such as, What did i do wrong? Did I strafe bad? No Stamina? Not steady aiming? Rushing myself to get kills? etc.

I usually keep a somewhat strong grip on my mouse when playing because it steady's my aim better and makes looking around kind of smoother and less shaky.

I also read somewhere on the internet that you should make your mouse sensitivity to where it takes you about your full mouse space to move yourself 180 degrees around in game.

Well that's all the tips i have, good luck!

Also use the SAME cfg everytime! If you change up the settings like Mouse sensitivity, fov, etc., you will lose what your supposed to be getting used too! make sure your cfg is comfortable for yourself too, everyones preferences are different.

Edited by F3@R

Idk why is this topic still going on. All the possible suggestions are already written. Me and Vojncina were just discussing about config yesterday on TS and you know what, good config means nothing! On tournaments you think that players were using there own configs? NO. Everyone had the same config and everything. Its the only way to be as fair as possible and they were still having an incredible aim. Just practice, maybe a better set of headset and thats it.  :thumbsup

you know what, good config means nothing!

Wrong.I dont think anybody can play good with default 5 sensitivity.

On tournaments you think that players were using there own configs? NO. Everyone had the same config and everything.

Also wrong.

Also i just bumped this shitty thread... :spank

• Like 1

Wrong.I dont think anybody can play good with default 5 sensitivity.

Also wrong.

Also i just bumped this shitty thread... 

Yeah ok I forgot to add that you could only change standard settings like FOV, resolution etc, but things like /m_pitch and all that kind settings were disabled as I know. Correct me if Im wrong but its the only way to make it fair.

EDIT: 

maybe at lans?i have no idea,but at normal online competitions,no.

!slap me I always forgot to add something, yes I meant at lans of course. :)

Yeah ok I forgot to add that you could only change standard settings like FOV, resolution etc, but things like /m_pitch and all that kind settings were disabled as I know. Correct me if Im wrong but its the only way to make it fair.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

imho at lans everyone has his own config. of course they cannot use forbidden settings, but they can use their config, mouse drivers, etc. (no cheats, of course :D)

But yes, config is overrated  - of course you cannot play etpro without at least some class+spawnpoint script and selfkill. Imagine someone going to limbo when they have to change spawn point in 2 seconds... impossible.

Edited by SunLight
  • Like 1

imho at lans everyone has his own config. of course they cannot use forbidden settings, but they can use their config, mouse drivers, etc. (no cheats, of course :D)

But yes, config is overrated  - of course you cannot play etpro without at least some class+spawnpoint script and selfkill. Imagine someone going to limbo when they have to change spawn point in 2 seconds... impossible.

But to make it A LOT shorter :P if you are a good player config wont mean much to you except maybe mouse sensitivity because everything visible on the screen in IMO is more of a help then actuall skill, but things like headset will only make footsteps, gunshots etc. more louder and clearer. And yours equipment is of course normal that is the only thing that will truly improve your skill ;). That is just my opinion not denying anyone elses.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

But to make it A LOT shorter :P if you are a good player config wont mean much to you except maybe mouse sensitivity because everything visible on the screen in IMO is more of a help then actuall skill, but things like headset will only make footsteps, gunshots etc. more louder and clearer. And yours equipment is of course normal that is the only thing that will truly improve your skill ;). That is just my opinion not denying anyone elses.

What is your exact meaning of skill? In my opinion aim and headshots is just a fraction of someones skill. Skill to me is using your brain. I actually think any team with a good teamplay and a good strategy can win most games they play despite their aim (well lets just say any normal player, there are always exceptions). But back to what you said. I think playing without a modified config will merely improve your chance of winning compared to gaining overall experience and knowledge

Edited by Dest!Ny
  • Like 2

• Clan Friend

It's common sense that configs gives an advantage, good player or not. Anyone saying otherwise is wrong.

Brb tweaking!

in my opinion, the only needed things in a config are:

- turning off all the stupid things that should be off by default if you want to focus on aiming (bobpitch, blood, particles, rain, gun flash, etc.)

- change sensitivity according to your taste, but any non-extreme value will do

- maybe fov and crosshair

- for those who use nonstandard keys (I run with mouse2 for example) changing those keys ofc, or playing would feel weird

done.

if you play wars spawn + class script, maybe arty script.

The rest doesn't give any advantage imho. If you have a fast pc you can run with full detail, 125 fps don't make you jump higher anymore, brightness is useful only if the map design sux, etc. etc.

p.s.

since anyone can make a config or copy someone else's config, we should rather say 'not having some settings gives a disadvantage' because every player has them, and they should have been made default. I mean, who is so dumb not to disable blood flashes and stuff. If you like a game you should at least google around for some infos about it.

• Like 2

in my opinion, the only needed things in a config are:

- turning off all the stupid things that should be off by default if you want to focus on aiming (bobpitch, blood, particles, rain, gun flash, etc.)

- change sensitivity according to your taste, but any non-extreme value will do

- maybe fov and crosshair

- for those who use nonstandard keys (I run with mouse2 for example) changing those keys ofc, or playing would feel weird

done.

if you play wars spawn + class script, maybe arty script.

The rest doesn't give any advantage imho. If you have a fast pc you can run with full detail, 125 fps don't make you jump higher anymore, brightness is useful only if the map design sux, etc. etc.

I'd personally add much more than that.. As an example and like you said, brightness can be useful to help see player models on some maps. A player could create a config with render settings based on each map so they have optimal vision every time? Seems like a big advantage to me.

p.s.

since anyone can make a config or copy someone else's config, we should rather say 'not having some settings gives a disadvantage' because every player has them, and they should have been made default. I mean, who is so dumb not to disable blood flashes and stuff. If you like a game you should at least google around for some infos about it.

Those cvars should definitely not have been made default. Sure they may be shit to play with performance wise but for the general look of the (such an old) game they do a lot.

I know i anwser a little bit late. But i can maybe help you. Not for become a pro player, but good.

First you need 2 knows:

-How strafe (i'm bad, i just do left right left right with sprint).

-How aim (i need to be better for headshot).

For aim, you need first choose your weapon. My tip, use rifle nade (rnade) or mp40/thompson. Other weapons are hard for learn how aim.

After, choose a server with bot, and you need "stupid" bot. Practice your aim. And if you can, choose a server with unlimited ammo. So you didn't need reload. After you have an aim upper than 40% against bot, practice versus real players. You don't need headshot your enemy. At beginning, is better to hit the target than make hs.

When you have between 35% and 45% accuracy against real players. Do the same thing (play with bot) and try to make headshot. I have no % of headshot for you. When you feel you are good against bot. Try again real player.

For the strafe, i'm not enough good for tip you.

Good luck.