laptop processer upgrade

Hi, I was looking on the internet for an answer, but couldn't find one. So my question is, can I upgrade my amd e1 processer to a i3 or amd level up? Also, would I have to get like a ssd to HDD lag is gone?

Thx for the info,

Thomas

Notebook upgrades are tricky.

update from AMD to Intel requires a new board.

to install an SSD is not a big thing. Check that your disk is SATA (little white cable)

you will need to reinstall you windows/games/data etc. and be carfull with the disk space. SSD's are pricy so most times people buy smaller once.

• Like 1

Notebook upgrades are tricky.

update from AMD to Intel requires a new board.

to install an SSD is not a big thing. Check that your disk is SATA (little white cable)

you will need to reinstall you windows/games/data etc. and be carfull with the disk space. SSD's are pricy so most times people buy smaller once.

Ok, well maybe i would just get the next step up for my amd?  also, i dont use many programs, just ET COD 4, gimp, UNITY, etc.. but i would need atleast 150gb

You can't really upgrade a processor if it's soldered into your laptop. Also your going to have to find out what type of processors your motherboard can support. 

you need to investigate a bit more.

CPU:

- does the next version has the same socket?

- Does your mainboard support the cpu

Disk:

you probably need a 2,5" disk (internal disk)

do you have SATA?

sata-cables.jpg

here a link to some SSD's

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&N=4294945779&cat=Solid-State-Drives-%28SSD%29|512-%3a-Hard-Drives-%26-Data-Storage-%3a-Computer-Parts-%3a-Micro-Center

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?rh=n%3A1292116011%2Ck%3Assd&keywords=ssd&ie=UTF8&qid=1390074349&rnid=2941120011

The Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for 170$ is interesting

redy.

you need to investigate a bit more.

CPU:

- does the next version has the same socket?

- Does your mainboard support the cpu

Disk:

you probably need a 2,5" disk (internal disk)

do you have SATA?

sata-cables.jpg

here a link to some SSD's

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntk=all&N=4294945779&cat=Solid-State-Drives-(SSD)|512-%3a-Hard-Drives-%26-Data-Storage-%3a-Computer-Parts-%3a-Micro-Center

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_1?rh=n%3A1292116011%2Ck%3Assd&keywords=ssd&ie=UTF8&qid=1390074349&rnid=2941120011

The Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for 170$ is interesting

redy.

I have a HP 2000 base line PC, so, not sure what to get. Iv never popped it open before

Found this site. http://products.amd.com/(X(1)S(01hk0h45osvpob45iho1iczr))/pages/quicksearch.aspx?q=ft1%20bga&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Those r the ones that have the same socket

You can't really upgrade a processor if it's soldered into your laptop. Also your going to have to find out what type of processors your motherboard can support.

OK, well I would like better gaming fps and faster graphic design. Also, if possible, usb3 ports, I have USB 2

Any suggestions how to reach my goal?

USB 3.0

I'm afraid USB 3.0 wont be possible.

You would need a newer mainboard to be able to use USB3. The Laptop mainboards have different shapes and sizes to fit into the specific notebooks. So i doubt that you will find a mainboard that fit into your notebook. Maybe contact HP customer service and check with them (http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact/phone_assist)

CPU

If you are lucky you might be able to change the CPU. Just under the circumstances that the CPU is not soldered, the wattage and the cooling requirements are similar and it performs better.

Hard Drive

To install an SSD into your notebook should be possible. An SSD is kind of an invest and it will help your operating system and the software on your notebook to run faster. I doubt a high FPS change. FPS are CPU and Graphic Card related.

My recommendation:

Sound like you are interested in exploring and changing computer parts. If so, you should think about getting a desktop PC. You will lose the mobility of the notebook but hardware for a PC is cheaper than notebook components and you are more flexible to upgrade components because of the variety of hardware.

I just configured a computer for a friend two weeks ago. If you need help or advice please feel free to ping me :)

redy.

Every laptop CPU I've seen is soldered. So upgrade laptop CPU = buy new laptop.

But first, post your specs, it may not need an upgrade. You might just need a few system changes to optimize your settings. And what kind of lag?

Read this to find out: http://fearless-assassins.com/tutorials/article/57-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

i am familiar with the HP2000 series. You can't upgrade anything besides the hard drive and RAM. The AMD Vision APU that's in there is also a completely different formfactor and socket than the E3 or A1 or whatever is current now for those AMD APU's.

As for switching from AMD to Intel, it's even more complicated than getting a new board, as that laptop does not have an intel compatible board in any model- and AMD and Intel processors are not- and have never been- (at least from the K3 and up days) interchangeable.

EDIT: That 1.6 dual core that's in there is more than powerful enough to do what you're looking to do.

I haven't seen a soldered CPU in years.  I upgrade laptops all the time.  The first thing I do is get model and serial number of laptop.

type into google:  CPU upgrade for  model number  name of laptop     I find that I am never the first one to do this.  I usually find exactly

what I want to know from what others have done.  Buy the cpu on ebay along with more RAM and wahlah.  Upgrade.

Now this covers AMD to AMD or  Intel to intel.  You cannot cross the two unless you can get the MB from the maker which is useless.

• 4 weeks later...

i really don't want to disappoint anyone, but i see some problems in this...

1. SSD - easy to change, but some points so think of!

first of all: small SSD = small price

second: SSD don't want to be "overfed" - so keep at least 40% of them empty for best resuts

2. changing CPU

the AMD E1 (1500 or 1200, no matter which one!) is AMDs hardware solution for laptops and HTPCs.

if you really want to go for a i3, you will better get a new laptop, because it will be cheaper to do.

also you will need to get another GPU in there as well, because the E1 includes a HD 7310 on the same chip!

take out the CPU - the GPU will be gone as well.

also, as said above, the mobo will not support any other CPUs then AMDsZacate / E-Series

that means the best you can get is a E2-2000. and to be honest - you will not notice a big difference if you do that / if it is possible.

go ahead, get a new notebook with a "good" cpu and gpu in there....