Toronto's Mayor Rob Ford Makes Headlines Around The World For Allegedly Smoking Crack Cocaine

CaulkLiquor

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/rob-ford-headlines/

I know this is a bit of an embarrassing story for both Torontonians and Canadians, but it is quite interesting especially since Gawker and the Toronto Star first "reported on the issue"

I am not going to post any of my opinions, however the story is quite scary. There is no current mechanism in Toronto's Legislature (outside of Queens Park) to depose a Mayor unless they are found to be in a conflict of interest...

Anyway, anyone that lives in Ontario was inundated this week by the news on all media outlets but I was curious if any local stations in your area mentioned the story. I know Bill Maher and the major American media organizations mentioned it, more curious about local outlets.

Meh, as long as he does his job and saves taxpayers money we do not care.

Heh, ya. I'm more concerned about my Mayor personally. He has actually been charged and just had the prelim where his lawyer wrote it off pushing for a trial lol.

• 3 weeks later...

if the dude can smoke crack and run Toronto the biggest  city in Canada dam let him be lol

have to agree with joe he dose his job so we dont care :P

• Like 1

lol,if this guy smoked cracker or not doesn't really matter,it's just a distraction from reality,a reality where the poor and getting poorer everyday & the rich just keep getting richer.

I'm sick of this type of crap,the guy does drugs,big deal..George bush & father are war criminals,Obama,Tony blair,Gordon brown & David cameron are also.

I can guarantee this guy is nothing compared to the majority of members of parliament/congress.

these guys are dripping with the blood of innocents.