My build, my first :)

PiaNist

My friend's graphics card spikes up to 80C, but doesn't stay there long. His stays around 50 or so also.

Mine spikes to 44 C, but stays around 30-35 generally.

Nice little case. Very cool looking and its clean. Now get the stock heatsink replaced and an exhaust fan!

i'm running out of $ lol..too much expenses this month..but soon :) thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I want to ask our tech gurus here about the airflow for this case of mine. I ordered 140mm fan which I will use as rare exhaust then there is already 230mm front intake. thing is I still have these 2 120mm stock fans which can be installed on top. should i use these fans as exhaust or intake? btw, is it ok to run all fans at 12v (full speed?)? sadly, my case doesnt support fan controllers so I bought Bitfenix Alchemy cable 3x3pin 12v 20cm fan adapter to connect directly to the psu. Or if you can suggest another option that would be great.

• Like 1

I would probably flip your rear exhaust fan to make it flow in and make the two top fans push air out since heat rises. That is what I typically do and it results in the motherboard getting colder air directly blown on it.  If the noise doesn't both you, then it is no problem at all running at full speed. Fans always have a noise rating and a flow rating.

They also make inline fan regulator cables to drop the voltage to 7v,5v, etc. http://www.overclock.net/t/1243135/3-speed-cable-fan-regulator-5v-7v-12v

• Like 2

So 140mm rear fan & 230mm front will be intake, and the 2 120mm top fans exhaust, right tulsa? Aside from the mobo, you think this will also help my gpu near the side panel to cool down a bit? Anyway, a little update, I've sent my side panel to a pc modder to have it windowed with vent holes for the gpu & also ordered a cpu cooler to replace the stock.

Re: fan noise, i dont really mind. Thanks for the inputs man! Appreciate it.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd put the front fan blowing in, and set the rest of them to blow out. You should check the CFM ratings on your fans. I'd be willing to bet that on max settings, you front fan probably moves as much as the other fans combined. You always want the fans on top of your PC to blow out because that's where the heat goes - up. There is a lot of debate regarding the rest of your fans though.

• Like 1

Honestly, I'd put the front fan blowing in, and set the rest of them to blow out. You should check the CFM ratings on your fans. I'd be willing to bet that on max settings, you front fan probably moves as much as the other fans combined. You always want the fans on top of your PC to blow out because that's where the heat goes - up. There is a lot of debate regarding the rest of your fans though.

I'm looking at his case now. I agree. I went with what I usually do with large tower cases where the exhaust fan is usually lined up with the cpu heatsink. I'd definitely put the heatsink fan on the front side blowing towards the rear (assuming that is the type of heatsink you buy and you don't do a push-pull config on it) and put the rear fan blowing back. That large front fan is basically directly in front of everything. Also with that PSU fan blowing out from the bottom, everything should stay nice and cool. You can always buy a more powerful front fan if the CFM is inadequate.

• Like 1

You should check the CFM ratings on your fans. I'd be willing to bet that on max settings, you front fan probably moves as much as the other fans combined. 

yes, CFM for the 230mm intake fan (156.3) & 140mm (73.2) plus the 2 120mm (43.5 each fan) fans for exhaust are nearly the same. would be that good then?

anyway, will get back to you guys after I set up everything. thanks again!