My build, my first :)

PiaNist

Hey guys!

So, at long last, I have finally finished building my first pc. Yes, this is the first pc i have built myself, without asking someone's help ;) I had the option of having a qualified technician to build this for me but I opted not to because I want to personally experience the joy & fun from doing it myself. Of course I did my homework, watched lots of tutorials & videos (thank you Youtube) & planned all components, making sure everything is compatible & most importantly, within my budget as I only have around $700-800 to spend. So specs are:

Bitfenix Phenom mini itx

Intel i5 4570 Quadcore 3.20-3.60 Ghz

Gigabyte Z87n-Wifi

G.Skill Ripjaw X 8gb (4gbx2) 1600 cl9

WD Black 640gb 7200rpm 64mb

Seasonic S12II 520w

Microsoft Windows 8.1 pro 64bit

Extra 230mm fan Bitfenix Spectre Pro Blue led (aside from the 2x120mm stock fans)

This build has no gpu yet, still can't decide if I should get GTX 650 Ti Boost SC or GTX 760

planned upgrade: SSD, replace stock cooler with aftermarket one, add 1 more top fan, & yes, the gpu ofc.

Pictures! 

IMG_6530_zpsbcceeb30.jpg

IMG_6533_zps01aeafac.jpg

IMG_6538_zps629e9ab0.jpg

IMG_6553_zpscf780beb.jpg

IMG_6591_zps8c2a0d71.jpg

IMG_6595_zpsdf78fea7.jpg

( I know, I need a bigger table :P)

Edited by PiaNist
  • Like 7

Nice! Does it have room for more RAM? Might want to bump that up a bit if so... RAM is cheap nowadays, relative to the bigger bang for the buck you get from it...

Grim

Love that little BitFenix case

original plan was to get the bitfenix prodigy white, but then this came out 1st week of oct & i was like :o .. :wub:

stunningly neat and smooth, good job bro! i liked it!

thanks bro! never thought i could make it as neat as that..im so proud of myself lol...plus i had so much fun, i feel like i was building lego

Nice :o

Great Job.

I love that blue light.

that blue led fan took me 1-2hrs to install lol...i'm that noob

Nice! Does it have room for more RAM? Might want to bump that up a bit if so... RAM is cheap nowadays, relative to the bigger bang for the buck you get from it...

Grim

only 2 RAM sockets for this mobo. most mini itx boards have only 2 sockets. ..Ram ain't cheap here in my place :P

Edited by PiaNist

there's a price drop of 2 GPUs priced at around $230 in a store near my place..can't decide if i should buy one of these GPUs or wait til I have saved enough money to buy EVGA GTX 760 ACX Super Clocked 2gb/256bit priced at $304...help me decide? pls?

HIS HD 7950 IceQ Boost 3gb/384bit   $230

523881668_869174775_o.jpg

OR

PowerColor HD 7950 Boost 3gb/384bit  $ 230

Screen+Shot+2013-04-25+at+8.04.30+AM.png

OR

EVGA GTX 760 ACX Super Clocked 2gb/256bit   $304

geforce-gtx760-front.jpg

• Like 1

Isn´t it possible to get HD7970 for 300$?

The IceQ´s should run cool. Also HIS IceQ HD7950 has blower fan which means it takes air in from front and pushes out from back. Most of todays fans have axial fans and those blow half of hot air back in case which is not good idea for little case.

Nice toster btw:P

I never saw inside one of those tiny cases.. I expected a jumble of wires, but that looks really clean and neat inside.

And with 16GB RAM, and the video card options you're looking at, you'll have that PC for quite a few years. Well done :D