COD server

milli vanilli

Cant speak for other people but, i only play on HC server when its a TD map. When it switches to something besides TD i noticed people leave, i do. Thats what i think but idk...

i agree. kinda.

when it goes to search and destroy, almost everyone leaves. i don't think i've played more than 6v6 by the time the map is over on S&D...domination however draws more in, especially since pipeline works pretty well for that game type. not a huge HQ fan, but i play it and the server population doesn't seem to drop too bad during HQ

i think to get more traffic all you have to do is make it all tdm and domination... sorta like ground war. the only thing is you have to make sure u set up the right maps with the right modes. for example please put strike as tdm... its not a good objective based map. thats my opininion on it. thanks

2 points i think might help this situation we've been having

1. keep recruiting recommending new members (growing will help servers grow)

2. leave your game on when you're not using the computer, if it gets full someone can always kick ya, but we pay for slots that aren't being used every month..

i agree. kinda.

when it goes to search and destroy, almost everyone leaves. i don't think i've played more than 6v6 by the time the map is over on S&D...domination however draws more in, especially since pipeline works pretty well for that game type. not a huge HQ fan, but i play it and the server population doesn't seem to drop too bad during HQ

must be cuz ppl suck making use of their one life so they give up. I must honestly be the only person who doesn't like domination...

Cant speak for other people but, i only play on HC server when its a TD map. When it switches to something besides TD i noticed people leave, i do. Thats what i think but idk...

i agree. kinda.

I Third this... Since we switched the rotation to a lot less TDM people aren't staying for a full map cycle anymore! I spend about 3 hrs a day on avg playing and since rotation got switched over half of it has HAD to be on Killbox (which is unacceptable) for the simple reason of people who want to play there see no one on! Duckie may have the right idea with idling in-game, but this isn't feasible for everyone. I think A LITTLE more admin/member control of map cycles would make HC thrive once again... Maybe have the leaders POLL people about what they want the next couple times we're on HC, OR sticky a thread here where you post CURRENT map cycle for both servers and have a BI-WEEKLY vote on map setup. I dunno, I'm just throwing it all out there ( I don't want to see F|A COD4 faction die out )

On the topic of recruiting I'm constantly inviting people to apply or to simple follow me to the hardcore server. This has made HC playable for about 6 hrs the last 4 days :P

PS: I'm glad BOG is back in rotation

• Like 1

• Administrators

How much would it cost to get a 1.6 14 slot server?

1 slot cost around 1.25$ to 1.5$ since we use extra resources by running admin applications for COD4 along with the server itself.

Or we could look into upgrading our 1.6 server to 1.7. We already had less people coming in because of that, for one. Also, now that MW2 is taking the silly sheep in to get shot like the silly sheep they are, CoD4 1.6 is slowly but surely dying out.

And yes, I did kinda get a life in the last few months. Well, more like work, but not a lot of time regardless.

i was just thinking of this... what about dropping killbox down to something like 48. then with the exta slots make a modded server and see if that works out. servers with cool mods usually get alot of traffic. maybe something like the starwars of the btd mod. idk just thought id tell u what i think