COD server

milli vanilli

• Administrators

you complimenting someone on their English? omg i giggled like a school girl :P

FYI in English sentence starts with capital letter. I think you should go back to school and learn your native language first. He writes better then you even though English is not his native language. I guarantee you wouldn’t be even able to write that much in his language without using bablefish. :rolleyes:

• Administrators

yea hc is fine i thinkn the changes need to be applied to killbox. what about taking slots off and making a no rules server. ive never seen a no rules server anywhere empty. noobs gotta play somewhere :P

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/5457-allow-grenade-launchers/

Done.

FYI in English sentence starts with capital letter. I think you should go back to school and learn your native language first. He writes better then you even though English is not his native language. I guarantee you wouldn’t be even able to write that much in his language without using bablefish. :rolleyes:

Dare, this post is about the low numbers on the servers not Coaching on English :P;)

• Administrators

Dare, this post is about the low numbers on the servers not Coaching on English :P;)

I was just merely replying to dumb ass player who thinks he is good in his native language. I could care less for English on e-forums, but some noobs take language to seriously.

Coming back to the point, COD4 server is not going anywhere due to few issues.

1. Only few of our members are active in COD4.

2. All new players like to use grenade launcher at one time to get more kills when they are not good with shooting. But since we have auto kick for grenade launchers they get kicked and they never visit back.

3. Most of the so called pro players hardly camp on server. Most of them will check that if anyone is on server then they will join or they will hope on to another server. Pro players need players to kill and when they can’t get any they hope on to another server.

4. Moving to 1.7 is not going to fix anything because take a look in this way:

1.6 - 600 servers.

1.7 – 10,000 servers

If present members can’t even find new members or even don’t want to camp the server to attract more new players then what they will do on 1.7? I guess we will loose even present server regulars.

I would like to add new mod’s on server, but that would require high speed redirect BW so people can download 30 Mb mod’s. But then again I barely get enough donations from COD4 players to be honest. I can’t keep paying for the stuff which I don’t even play. Yes I could pay if I see 90% members are taking initiative to make it popular back. To me it looks totally funny when COD4 players can buy the new game i.e. COD4 MW2 worth of 50-60$ but when ask for donations they come up with same old golden excuse real life issue.

We could move our Hardcore to 1.7 and if it goes popular we will move the Killbox. In the end it’s all group effort. If members will fail to camp, I guarantee we will loose the present players also.

1. Only few of our members are active in COD4.

This might be due to MW2.

4. Moving to 1.7 is not going to fix anything because take a look in this way:

1.6 - 600 servers.

1.7 – 10,000 servers

If present members can’t even find new members or even don’t want to camp the server to attract more new players then what they will do on 1.7? I guess we will loose even present server regulars.

I put this up first because it's relevant to what I'm going to say regarding point 3. But first...

Where do you think there will be more people? On 1.6 with about 600 servers? Or maybe on 1.7 where there are in fact a lot more? It makes no sense to claim that we'll just have to camp our 1.6 server to fill it again because since MW2 released, we've seen a steady decline in our server population anyway. It would make a lot more sense to move to version 1.7 of the game because there are in fact a lot more potential players there. Claiming otherwise is like saying the earth is flat! :rolleyes:

3. Most of the so called pro players hardly camp on server. Most of them will check that if anyone is on server then they will join or they will hope on to another server. Pro players need players to kill and when they can’t get any they hope on to another server.

And these guys will return too when we're on 1.7 because there will be more lambs for the slaught-- err potential players they can play with.

We could move our Hardcore to 1.7 and if it goes popular we will move the Killbox. In the end it’s all group effort. If members will fail to camp, I guarantee we will loose the present players also.

Why HC first? I'd say Killbox is more important than HC. We may have members who favour it, but before I joined and in the early days of my membership, HC was always emptier than Killbox, and the fact that Killbox still has more player slots than HC seems to me like it's more popular. Why move a slightly less popular game mode first when we'd be better off getting a name for ourselves with our main CoD4 server?

This message was brought to you by Kinan's Lobby to move to 1.7

• Administrators

Why HC first? I'd say Killbox is more important than HC. We may have members who favour it, but before I joined and in the early days of my membership, HC was always emptier than Killbox, and the fact that Killbox still has more player slots than HC seems to me like it's more popular. Why move a slightly less popular game mode first when we'd be better off getting a name for ourselves with our main CoD4 server?

It's our assumption that we will have more players on our server on 1.7. There is no guarantee in it. Its simple logic that why someone would like to do some experiments on working server? As far as Hardcore is concerned its dead half time. It makes sense to move it first and change it to official killbox on 1.7 and then move killbox and make it hardcore.

If on 1.7 we are not able to get any players then its obvious there would be no point in moving 1.6 killbox also to 1.7.

If we move killbox which has at least decent players and if we fail to populate it back then eventually both servers will be dead.

It's our assumption that we will have more players on our server on 1.7. There is no guarantee in it. Its simple logic that why someone would like to do some experiments on working server? As far as Hardcore is concerned its dead half time. It makes sense to move it first and change it to official killbox on 1.7 and then move killbox and make it hardcore.

If on 1.7 we are not able to get any players then its obvious there would be no point in moving 1.6 killbox also to 1.7.

If we move killbox which has at least decent players and if we fail to populate it back then eventually both servers will be dead.

See, and here I was under the impression that you would make it a HC server again. If it's going to be a killbox server, then I have no problems whatsoever. :)

how about un-nerfing the helicopters. i have heard from some people that it annoys them and then they leave and it also annoys me. i hate getting 5 kills than killing 2 more because then i get a heli thats gonna be shot down before it kills 1 person instead of getting an air strike which is good. also with a team they go down way to fast and it is no award for getting 7 kills. it would be cool if we could put a vote up for this because i wonder what everyone else thinks.

Edited by fred

To me, the helis don't die fast enough. I always get stuck with a bunch of morons who cant be bothered to use 30 bullets to shoot down the heli. If you do un-nerf the heli, make it so it targets people at random so you give the noobs an incentive to shoot it down and make the better players have less hernias.

To me, the helis don't die fast enough. I always get stuck with a bunch of morons who cant be bothered to use 30 bullets to shoot down the heli. If you do un-nerf the heli, make it so it targets people at random so you give the noobs an incentive to shoot it down and make the better players have less hernias.

I think DD looked into that, but couldn't find the option, Malo. And I do believe that he looked rather well. I remember that he posted a list of possible things we could change about the heli.

On another note, I think the point of the heli is to get in the face (back) of the good players so that the newbies get a chance, too.

I'd rather have the chopper has the current armor made of wet newspapers than a flying circus of death though.

Heli is fine, way better than it was before the change. Half the time I find (like Malo said) that people don't even bother shooting it down right away so I usually get a couple kills out of it. I've found that if I join the server when there are 6-8 people on and I stay on instead of quitting because of a lack of targets the server pop will start growing after a round or 2. It seems that having just 1 more person will bump the server up on the list enough to have a better chance at attracting new players and players who like the server but don't join because its not on the first page. I for one am going to try to remember to camp the server more often.