Map suggestion for NQ3.

Svart Rev

Could we be informed about the actual status? Do the guys, who manage the servers, think about adding new maps? We've got a small collection here and most of the maps are accepted by everyone who has written here.

Maybe there should also be something like a broadcast ingame, which says "vote for new maps in our forum" or something, so noone could say that he think its bad to add new maps, after he hasn't given his oppinion in this forum.

• Like 1

You will notice when administrators had time to add new maps, be patient :)

As for the second thing, overall good idea, but someone will have to make time for that as well :)

Maybe its a good idea also to delete some maps on NQ3 ( atleast for a while) . Like yesterday we see Marrakech comming up 2 times  within 1 hour !  Same with Daybreak/Temple/Italy. I know its a voting system,but it looks impossible to play some other map then those i just mentioned. Yesterday people actually disconnected after seeing a map being played over and over and over etc .Last weeks nq3 was pretty popular ,but i think its going to be less popular if it stays like this with the maps. I know its a little off topic but maybe delete some of those maps for a while and trhow in some new maps that are already suggested in this topic.

I know the voting system "says" that those are the most popular maps,because players vote for it,but if the same 3 people vote for it every time,..well then big change that 1 of those maps gets 9 points and...yep played again.

The votes of the other players are to spreaded to even come to more then 9 points for example. I think thats how its going atm on NQ3. I still love to play on NQ3 because its fun there,but the same maps everyday /every hour....No.

I know people wont agree with this,but i just gave my opinion of how i think its going atm.

grtz ExC

• Like 1

I know its a little off topic

I don't find it off topic. Moreover, I absolutely agree with you and your suggestion.

Actually when I created this topic I didn't think just about adding some maps, but I thought about creating a better map list for Nq3.

So, once again. I support your idea to delete some of those maps you've mentioned in your post for a while, just to let players see that there are other maps too. But those other maps should be added first.

There is the only one 'but'. I'd like to save Daybreak in rotation.

Maybe its a good idea also to delete some maps on NQ3 

I absolutely agree some maps are overplayed, however...

-I agree with svart rev about Daybreak. Map just rocks.

-Deleting popular maps might be not-so-good for servers popularity either. Problem with this suggestion is: you can either delete all the popular maps and have a lot of people whine about it (partially justly, I mean, it's sometimes fun to play with maps you know well), or you can delete some part of the popular maps. In this case, there is a risk at playing the few popular ones even more (probably won't though, some others will become popular instead).

However, there might be a much better solution, which I suggested before: just increase the minmapage (maps played before the same map can be played again) setting and no maps have to be deleted, with the same result: maps won't be played too often.

Also, this:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/54801-et-hardcore-map-play-limit/

Might not be a bad idea to set minmapage to 6-7 here as well?

...and have a lot of people whine about...

Once again. That's why we have this topic here. Let's discuss all together which maps we want to see in our map list and which ones we should get rid of.

And... You're right. There's no need to delete any overpopular map, provided minimapage will be increased.

That's why we have this topic here. Let's discuss all together which maps we want to see in our map list and which ones we should get rid of.

If the conclusion would be to delete over-popular maps, I guarantee you it would not be a democratic 'let's-discuss-all-together'-decision.

Popular: "regarded with favor, approval, or affection by people in general"

That's why I don't think deleting them would be the best idea.

If you succeed in getting every nq3-player over here, I personally buy you platinum vip.
  • Like 1

If you succeed in getting every nq3-player over here, I personally buy you platinum vip.

It seems like you haven't read my message carefully enough. I do agree that your idea is much better. But if it won't be decided to be the best one by founders, then we need any other solution.

As for democracy etc... I hope that those players, who really care about Nq3 maps, will definitely visit this topic and leave their thoughts here. Of course I don't want to create a new list in the same way as mentioned maps are chosen on our server, when better suggestions fail just because nobody else supported it and there was no general consent.

Post Scriptum: You'd better buy me a balloon.

Edited by Svart Rev

I understand your message, don't worry :)

And I hope the same thing. I just wanted to state clearly that deleting streets of italy, marrakech and temple is not a good idea - according to me - for the given reasons. This because I saw a consensus moving in that direction before I posted :)

As for the new maps: I will look into the download section and threads for other servers and suggest some other maps later.

Recapitulation of common requests:

-increase minmapage

-delete minas

-add industry.

By the way, what about Eagles2ways?

Do I recall correctly that we have 2 siwa and goldrush-versions? Maybe delete one of them, to avoid playing them twice?

Post scriptum: come and get your balloon, available in Belgium. I'm already looking forward to hello-kissing you.

PS2: if fueldump doesn't work, does it mean only one version of the map? Otherwise, fueldump revenge for a change?

Increasing the available map number is kind of implemented when we ask to add new maps :)

So, my suggestions after doing my homework.

-Special delivery is very popular on hardcore, might work on nq3 as well;

-Eagles2ways, like svart says, the real wolfenstein spirit. Classic map. And I see it on none of our servers! Hope there is no reason for that?;

-Fuel dump revenge, if there aren't any problems with it? Never a bad idea to add some axis attack map to get rid of 'only allies'-players;

Subordinately:

-Tramfight has been on nq1, don't know if it's still there? If it isn't, might be a good idea to get it on nq3?;

-Castle attack, remember it's classic on jay3. Not a bad map, not a brilliant map either;

-Maybe a flag capturing map for a change?

But we already have it on Nq3, don't we?..

It's summer... What a pity.

speciial delivery is in the rotation now correct :P