I need advice on a new celphone

PHANTASM

+1 Finally

Sorry Husa didn't mean to be mean to you. I owe you an apology.

I already have a Nokia now, it's a simple 2006-era phone for a Generation-X guy who just wants to use a phone and send text messages to his friends and family.

What I want is something like a mini-laptop so I can use all the features I am accustomed to having on my home computer - yahoo mail, Scottrade account, FA forums, google search. That's 99% of my online activity right there. So everything else on these new phones is just clutter. Maybe I should look at a Blackberry.

What I am finding is that most of these new phones have so many features and useless apps that they are "too much" for me, I turn them on and look at the menu and I can't find how to use the phone, which is the most important feature. And the keys are too small. It's a generation thing I guess.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

dare, just get any smartphone out there...

everyphone now can do that.

Not every smartphone is as good as they tell. I am thinking for Google Nexus one. It has better hardware compare to other phones.

Qualcomm QSD 8250 1 GHz. snapdragon one.

If you are interested in technical details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(processor)

The only reason I am holding of is because my monthly bill would jump from 45$ to 80$. :mellow:

Well it all depends on the provider you have..

I myself has metro PCS .. lol... Or IMO Metro POS

And I have the Metro touch.. I love it, it does everything I need it to do, I have a 32 gig mem stick in it full of movies and music ect ect..

I can go on xfire with my phone, ANY Website... Go watch stuff on youtube and all that.. Infact I'm typing this msg from my phone lol...

Its really easy to get familiar with its just like any other older phone but with the touch screen and stuff

Not to mention I have my phone cracked so i can play any game.. Wolf 3d ftw.. And quake 3 :D

I also even have cod5 so I can play with another person with same app and phone on zombies its fun..

So a phone choice is mostly an opinion, some people love the really advanced shit and some people love the in between stuff (like i do)

and some people cant stand all that tech stuff so they prefer the older things because it is easier to coap with :D