I need advice on a new celphone

PHANTASM

iPhone?although i have iTouch and i really don't like it..it's kinda uncomfy and i can't get used to the qwerty keyboard even though i have a qwerty based phone keyboard.you could take a look at sony erricson p1i,using it right now,it takes some time to get used to typing but when you do it's faster than hand writing ;) disadvantages are it's heavy, might get slower and it doesn't have a big built in memory but it has m2 type memory card. never tried to get a bigger one (i have 512 mb) but i think biggest one could be about 16 gigs.

b148836.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah thats nice lol.

@TASHA: I looked at the Nexus One and it looks a lot like an Iphone, only supported by Google, which means more features but poor customer service. I did a complaint search on the phone (since it's new and they always have lots of bugs) and a LOT of people are complaining about service problems. Also why did u change your name? P.S. your avatar is hot.

heres the reviews for the phones

Google Nexus One

According to John Paczkowski over on Digital Daily, Google has summoned the masses to it's world headquarters on Jan 5th for an "Android Press Gathering." This is presumably for an official unveiling of their highly regarded mobile handset, dubbed "Nexus One."

Paczkowski believes by scheduling the release right before CES (which starts on Jan 7th), Google is taking a page out of Apple's playbook. They announced the original iPhone right before the 2007 show, and stole the thunder from the rest of the electronics industry.

Ever since pictures of the phone leaked right before Christmas, the Nexus One has captured the imagination of gadget geeks everywhere, with hopes that the folks over at Mountain View would change the smartphone game for the better. Many are openly voicing their desire for Google to release the phone "unlocked", which means that it wouldn't be tied to a particular carrier. They are also clamoring for a low price, (possibly at cost-around $200) something Google could consider in order to promote the Android operating system. The combination of carrier freedom plus low price would then foster healthy competition in the smartphone business, breaking Apple's and ATT's hold on the top spot in the market.

Well, if the reports that hit the net yesterday can be believed, then at least part of that dream will come true. According to many sources, the Nexus One will be sold directly by Google, both unlocked and with a plan offered by T-Mobile. But like the iPhone plans at AT&T, the T-Mobile plan seems to be quite inflexible, with users looking to purchase the phone through them being forced to give up their current plans for an $80 Nexus One plan. But unlike the AT&T iPhone plans, there would no family plan option provided.

As far as Google flooding the market with cheap, unlocked, iPhone killers, that turns out to be something of a dream. Reports place the price of the non-subsidized version around $550. Of course all of this could be speculation, or the plan could be tweaked by the time the announcement is made on January 5th. I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

Source(s): http://mobibu.com/others/google-nexus-one-review/

i have a sony walkman phone - it's great to double as an MP3 player, so i don't carry two different devices around.. but i don't text or use any online capabilities with my phone at all, so i can't give you any advice about what you need.

i can bet that we both really want the same thing though:

tricorder_spock.jpg

.. for our phones to be able to tell us if the atmosphere is breathable =D

i want to be able to set my phone on 'stun'

lol

lol Husa I have a Nokia right now. I've had a celphone since you were a baby. If I don't pay attention for a couple years that may sound like a long time to a teenager but it's like two weeks to me. So I ask the right people for help when I need information. Those people are here. I appreciate all the comments, even Husa's, as it keeps me in touch with everything.

yeah thats nice lol.

@TASHA: I looked at the Nexus One and it looks a lot like an Iphone, only supported by Google, which means more features but poor customer service. I did a complaint search on the phone (since it's new and they always have lots of bugs) and a LOT of people are complaining about service problems. Also why did u change your name? P.S. your avatar is hot.

well i like it.. it says u can buy from google and choose your own company. i'm till it come out with verizon.... till then i'll know more about it..

did change my name cuz baska call me tasha short for phantasha, and i like it too..

P.S. my avatar was chosen by my husband he likes it, he says it looks like me. :D:P

lol Husa I have a Nokia right now. I've had a celphone since you were a baby. If I don't pay attention for a couple years that may sound like a long time to a teenager but it's like two weeks to me. So I ask the right people for help when I need information. Those people are here. I appreciate all the comments, even Husa's, as it keeps me in touch with everything.

Even Husa's?That sounded like i posted something really dumb but i think i didnt,i just said that nokia is one of the most simple phones u can get,and u are not so into technology as you said so i just wanted to help you..

well, i've owned a couple of nokias and they struck me as having very intuitive menus and supporting software - also nokias generally have very good battery life and are fairly sturdy compared to other brands of cell phones.

so if you narrow the choice down to a few phones including a nokia model, i'd vouch for a nokia as beign a good brand.

so maybe husa is helping after all =D

• 1 month later...

well, i've owned a couple of nokias and they struck me as having very intuitive menus and supporting software - also nokias generally have very good battery life and are fairly sturdy compared to other brands of cell phones.

so if you narrow the choice down to a few phones including a nokia model, i'd vouch for a nokia as beign a good brand.

so maybe husa is helping after all =D

+1 Finally