Hitler's War - What the Historians Neglect to Mention

stigmata

First person that gives me a short answer in why Germany started WW2 gets a cookie.

Hitler was a tyrant who wanted land, money, and power. There was an army who was willing to fight. And the German people supported the idea of gaining land and money. 

All they needed were some people to hate... the Jews and the Polish.

• Administrators

Hitler was a tyrant who wanted land, money, and power. There was an army who was willing to fight. And the German people supported the idea of gaining land and money. 

All they needed were some people to hate... the Jews and the Polish.

Close but not quite right. You were right about money now tell me why they needed the money and you will win that cookie.

Close but not quite right. You were right about money now tell me why they needed the money and you will win that cookie.

The cookie is mine! At the end of the WWI, on the Treaty of Versailles, France "asked" (actually they had no choice) Germany to give a lot of money in compensation for the war's damage (officially, but it was also to "earn" a lot of money easily). This measure ruined Germany. Moreover, Hitler needed money to make the war itself, money + war = money + lands. And I'm not sure, but Wall Street's crash probably weakened Germany as well. To end, Hitler wanted to make Germany more powerful/richer/stronger etc than other countries, which is impossible without money.

There was a economic crisis in Germany many  were jobless and Hitler made himself populair, by blaming Gypsies and namely Jews and other minority's for taking jobs from German people.

Due the many jobless people he gained much populairity till it reach a moment "the cristal night" that is generally the start of WWII

I get cookie ? :D

they had a horrible economy at the time, partly due to WW1?