Firefox or Chrome ?

Ol Smoke

Have been running Firefox for a few hours and I am very satisfied. I did get the adblocker installed as you suggested.

The first thing I noticed was the first page loaded faster that it has been doing. Video is smoother.

The adblocker is okay, but there are still a lot of ads coming thru.

So, all in all, I like it.

Thanks fellas

Which adblocker are you using?

If adblock plus:

- go in the filter preference of adblock plus

- uncheck: Allow non-intrusive advertising

I haven't see any ads when my adblocker is enabled. You also can install adblock plus helper which allows you to block parts of a website with right mouse button menu.

Well, if you would want me to decide between Firefox and chrome, I would go with Firefox as it is less resource hungry than chrome. Chrome runs a total of 13 processes, while Firefox runs 3 processes. But personally, I use Cometbird, which is a browser based on Firefox. The reason I prefer Cometbird, is the inbuilt media downloader (you can download videos from any website, without the use of any 3rd part software).

I prefer Chrome. Mozilla has Aurora coming out (it's in beta right now), which I prefer to FireFox.

Euhmmm... Aurora is the alpha of firefox...

You got firefox 18, firefox beta (so that's firefox 19), firefox aurora (firefox 20) and you can go even further and get firefox nightly :P

Browsed for years with Firefox, but since transffering to Mac, I started using Chrome.

I'm an absolute fan of Google Chrome. The browser is noticable faster than Firefox, it feels way more snappy.

Add-ons using:

-Adblock (irritating advertising on video sites)

-Any.do: to-do list manager

I have a pc with Windows XP, tried them both, and I prefer Chrome because it seems faster to me.

100% Chrome

at night i open google Chrome and press CTRL + SHIFT + N ( tip for you sneaky boys :P )

ctrl+ shift + p does the same in firefox ...