Call Of Duty 4 Still The Best?

hUnI

A total of 3 Call of Duty games have been released since COD4, over the space of 3-4 years, and i still believe that COD4 is by far the best game out of the 4. I talked about this in the Black Ops forum but i thought i'd start one here too.

There are loads of reasons why i prefer COD4.

- The first being nostalgia. This game has become fairly nostalgic for me now, seeing as it was my favourite game ever at the time and i was hooked on it. The sounds, the menus, the music, everything, it's just awesome.

- I love the originality of the maps and i think they are extremely well balanced, they have a lot of variety both in terms of layout and looks, and i think they are the perfect size. MW2 maps are ok but too big i feel, which makes objective games a bit boring to play when you have to run miles to get there after spawning. Also makes people camp a bit more as it's too difficult to cross big open areas such as Derail.

I loved pretty much every map on COD4 apart from Shipment and on occasions Showdown too, but in Waw, MW2 and Black Ops i haven't loved those maps anywhere near as much. I don't mind them, but i'm not really happy to see them coming up next. I don't think the likes of Crash, Pipeline, Crossfire, Overgrown etc can compare with any other maps, they are so much better imo.

• Like 1

My favorite CoD will always be CoD2 followed up by CoD4 of course.

Talk to me about nostalgia :]

I also spend a enormous amount of time on Call Of Duty : United Offensive and Modern Warfare 2, both exellent games with little things that make you smile (like MG42/binocular bash fight for UO)

So far ive been enjoying Black Ops 2 alot, one of the few CoD i want to finish (diamonds camo, all calling cards, challenges). The only problem i got with the game is map too smalls so Shotguns and SMG's are dominating everywhere (still no excuse to quickscope all day :])

• Like 1

COD4 is fun but gets boring and old after a period of time if you play it the same way everytime.

Thats why I spent a lot of time looking for hiding places that no one ever looks at when running

around the map. You have to change you game every now and then. Be a camper, or a spy once

in a while.

I have always thought that COD UO was more fun than COD4. We got to drive tanks and jeeps and

you actually had to have a plan to win. The maps were huge and every time you played it was new.

We were playing with old PC stuff and poor video but it was great. The clans were just starting and

everyone wanted tags on their name. It was like being in 3rd grade again, around Christmas time.

The only thing that sucked back then was the internet speed. We were at 36k for online gaming and

then later 56k dial up. There were limited slots so you had to wait till someone left the game in order

to play.

• Like 2

I kinda agree with magoo, but the other way around. cod4 then cod2.

Also, havent there been 5 titles since cod 4?

cod5 (world at bore)

cod6 (MW2)

cod7 (black ops)

cod8 (MW3)

cod9 (bo2)

am I missing anything?

I kinda agree with magoo, but the other way around. cod4 then cod2.

Also, havent there been 5 titles since cod 4?

cod5 (world at bore)

cod6 (MW2)

cod7 (black ops)

cod8 (MW3)

cod9 (bo2)

am I missing anything?

^^ Yup.

Missing the fact that each game is getting worse since COD4 and thats a fact... they are running out of time periods to base war in lol

So true! CoD4 is the most simple game and by that kind of the best one ^_^

I really dislike MW3 because of stupid lag compensation and real bad spawns, MW2 was quite good but only because of the FAMAS and Intervention, Black Ops was alright but I never really played it

and Black ops 2 is quite good actually! I enjoy the setting very much, Story is alright, Zombies are kicking again and Class Editor is the best in the CoD series ever!

Still...

CoD 4 is the very best!

• Like 1

Nah, can't call COD4 the best.

Too many BS mechanics:

- Killstreaks, cause making the strong stronger is a great idea :derp: (please note: death streaks are worse :P)

- Uberlow TTK. Yeah, when I play. I play hardcore where the TTK is even lower. To be honest the TTK is so low that it doesn't matter anymore and the pew pew gun just works better on hardcore :P

- Meatgrinder maps and I'm not talking about shipment :P I like shipment (because it's beyond meatgrinder stupidity :P). Almost every map is a meatgrind or got some meatgrind points (some meatgrind points I'm fine with). Creek is alright I guess , although I actually never played that map on Team Deathmatch ^^

- Extremely unskillful weapons... I think most of the people I played with know which weapon I'm referring to (if not: it's the pew pew gun)

Do I like the game, well yeah... Actually I do like it (would be silly to play a game I don't like).

It does what it suppose to do in the best way: being a mindless bullethose simulator .

In my memory the games before the modern warfares games, were the better ones.

Edited by DrJoske
  • Like 1

Missing the fact that each game is getting worse since COD4 and thats a fact... they are running out of time periods to base war in lol

"Okay, everyone, we need ideas for Modern Warfare 4!"

"Two new guns and a few new game modes?"

"Maybe like 4 good maps and expensive DLC?"

"How about a new game engine?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

*gets thrown out window

Okay people, I know we are all sucking our thumbs and looking at our baby books. Now, Man up and lets get a real conversation going ;)

Lets try and think up new Time Periods or settings for a new CoD game. SO I will get the ball rolling.

Call of Duty: The Order

Setting: 1775 Pre-War

Place: Cardiff England, The Associated British Docks.

Protagonist: William Ashbury

Story: William Ashbury is a young lad of 15. Too young to go to war as he wishes against the Rebellious Americans. (I am a whole hearted american by the way, I just thought a new story might be nice.) His older brother Daniel is supporting himself, William, and their younger sister of 14 because their parents died in a tragic boat accident. Although William wishes to go, his brother is fiercely against this war, standing on the position that the americans should be given their freedom. As the troops are going aboard ship to leave for the americas, the press gangs are going through the streets grabbing all eligible men over the age of 16. William and his brother and sister are out watching the troops board when all of a sudden, Daniel is grabbed by the press gang. As William attacks them and his sister screams. The men capture William, dragging Daniel to a ship, and procede to rape Williams sister :( . When william wakes up he is tied to a post at low tide, his sister is tied to the one next to him crying. As the tide rises it slowly drowns her, he is screaming in rage as the water begins to lap against his mouth, right at the moment when he is on the point of drowning he is rescued by a strange man.............. From then on the story has a lot more to it. But this post is pretty long so far..... so...... tell me what you think.

Ever read the true story as to why COD3 The Pacific only came out on Xbox?

One of the people involved in it told the real story. I think you can still find it on the web somewhere.

IT all came down to money.