Response to all bad losers on Jay1.

SpoofeR

• Clan Friend

it's important to win, for me anyways, why else play competitive fps?

Yes, but sometimes people don't play to win, for example if I see someone with a pistol and I have smg, I switch to pistol to make it even and/or fun. That is clearly not playing to win.

I think that's one reason why I am a worse player than I could be, for example I refuse to use knives because 'it's lame' or because 'real et=etpro, and on etpro you can't throw knives'. But if I really played to win then I would use them too, when appropriate.

Recently I was playing on silent server, and I was annoyed by players using the ppsh because it's a bit overpowered, but I refused to use it myself because 'it's not a real ET weapon'.

Eventually I decided to use it, who cares if I was able to kill players who are better than me and they didn't deserve it, if they don't like it they can disconnect. But the real question is, is the game better with that weapon? imho it's not, but again I should use it or disconnect.

In other words, we play by the rules decided by mod developers and those who make server configs. Those rules don't necessarily make the best possible game, but we have to accept them or leave.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy running around slinging knives,,with a poison,,it's a gift that keeps giving until enemy is dead unless a med near. And also,,i get called noob atleast 6 times a game on average. I love FA xpsave,,adren plus throwing knives,,who will be my next goat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, It would be lame if someone start a new game and be pro the 1ste mounths they play it. Give those "NoobS" (beginners) the time and chance to train. They might own you later and call you a Noob. My friend plays with the name "Noobzilla"(on jay1), OK.. I chose the name ;) , but he doesn't mind because he just started this game... + it must hurt if you get killed by "Noobzilla".

Respect beginners if you are experienced & if you get frustrated (because off a good player) then train too kill him later.

• Clan Friend

Give those "NoobS" (beginners) the time and chance to train. They might own you later and call you a Noob.

I always respected beginners because I started as beginner as well

But in my opinion the best games are those which have a long learning curve, take chess for example, no way a beginner could beat an experienced player. That gives people a goal.

A game where you just install it, and on the same day you can 'beat' (in our case, a single frag doesn't mean beating, but still...) a player who has much more experience is poorly designed in my opinion.

If you look at all the changes 'fun' mods made to etmain/etpro (not to mention server settings and rules in some servers, like 'no spawnkill' 'no trickjump'), most of them are made to artificially narrow the gap between bad and good players

They can't trickjump? No problem, there is double jump. I remember I spent hours and hours to try and learn supply depot gammajump. I join jaymod? Everyone jumps that wall. Then I feel stupid for having wasted all that time.

They can't shoot? no problem, poison is the solution, or maybe flamer with no friendly fire.

They can't kill anyone with pistol? No problem, xp save and they have 2 pistols, lots of ammo, and they can have mp40 + panzer in some mods. The list can continue.

In the book 'playing to win', when the author talks about crying 'I was beaten by a noob' he says, if he is noob then don't allow him to beat you, and if you lost, then maybe he is actually better than you. Which makes sense in most games.

But in some games, it's actually possible for a newbie to beat better players. For me those are poorly designed games, and don't get me wrong, in the past I played in servers where almost everyone was better than me and I still had fun, I don't mind losing. But when someone beats me when they shouldn't (cheaters, laggers, players with unbalanced weapons, ping advantage, etc.) it's a bit annoying.

So I don't blame the players, just the mods, and maybe server settings.

• Like 1

I'll be the first to admit that there are few things I love more than fragging a great player with a panzer. Especially if they turn around and get upset about it and tell me to put down my noobstick. It just reinforces the habit. I (usually) take this game pretty lightly... unless some bigger noob is hogging the flamethrower that is needed to clear out the god **** bank on Gold Rush. But I digress... I do not have the time or energy to really focus on improving my skills. I just like the sound of big explosions ;)

Hell, if I am on the receiving end, I typically just start calling everyone a whore. And that has nothing to do with the fact that I yell that at my screen at the same time.

spoof ur a great player with alot of skill...ignore those sore losers..if someone calls me tht well most of the time i just tend to play bttr and frag them more...ur knife skills are good...i take it as a challenge to try and dodge throwing knife attacks..so yeah.. ignore em and hv fun brother :)

Thanks Batman ! If a bad losers crying. I just ignore him.

...if someone calls me tht well most of the time i just tend to play bttr and frag them more...

Same to me ! =P

PS: Sorry if I don't talk a lot on ET but i'm from Quebec, Canada. I speak French and only a little bit in english. I don't always understand.

• Like 1

Most of the time knifes are pretty easy dodge, But when kevinbacon is against me i always end up hearing v586 (Good Game) :D Kevin is master with teh knifes at jay2. Must say i get abit frustrated when i get pwn'd by a knife "noob", But mostly knifers are the ones who end up getting killed in the fights so i don't mind taking couple hits by em in a match and it's always rewarding feeling if you make it to the medic stands and survive! :)

There is one thing above anything else I hate at servers which have them: poison knifes.

1. Them fly 3x faster than panzerfaust, so basically you can't dodge them

2. You get hit 1 time and you are dead(because no one will ever cure you, and you cant do it by yourself(lol) and you can't hit a shit when you are poisoned)

3. Knife hit itself does massive amount of damage

4. Those things makes poison knifes overpowered

Usually I quit pretty fast if there are poison knifes in use.

There is one thing above anything else I hate at servers which have them: poison knifes.

1. Them fly 3x faster than panzerfaust, so basically you can't dodge them

2. You get hit 1 time and you are dead(because no one will ever cure you, and you cant do it by yourself(lol) and you can't hit a shit when you are poisoned)

3. Knife hit itself does massive amount of damage

4. Those things makes poison knifes overpowered

Usually I quit pretty fast if there are poison knifes in use.

1. you cant dodge when its thrown but u have to dodge b4 its thrown predict and move just b4 u think hes throwing it works unless its someone pro with em.

2.i run fast to med pack place save's my ass every now and then, or just run next to the guy poisoned you and just shoot with all u got u hit when you are close enough easily.

4. tbh they arent overpowered it really depends user and there isnt much of good user with em same goes to panza with in right hands you cant do shit about it