Modern Warfare 2: The dissapointment

ShockHawk

Wow... I was psyched for MW2. It was better than it's predecessor in every way! Gametrailers even gave it a 9.5! Then it came out... They campaign is WAAAAY to short, and it's multiplayer sucks! (especially for pc) Apparently IW has some new thing called IWNET that they use on the multiplayer. There is no way to pick your favorite server or join games your friends are in and the lag is terrible! There are no console controls and a lot of times you go to join a game and get in maps with 1 person in them and it's caped at 9v9. I was excited to play with =F|A= on MW2 but you can't join just any game though, you click on multiplayer and it throws you into a random session. I am definitely not getting MW2! It's a huge waste of time and it's $60!!! WTF?!?

I guess what I am saying is that you guys said that you would set up a =F|A= clan in MW2 but I think it is a waste of time... just my opinion though. What do you think?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow... I was psyched for MW2. It was better than it's predecessor in every way! Gametrailers even gave it a 9.5! Then it came out... They campaign is WAAAAY to short, and it's multiplayer sucks! (especially for pc) Apparently IW has some new thing called IWNET that they use on the multiplayer. There is no way to pick your favorite server or join games your friends are in and the lag is terrible! There are no console controls and a lot of times you go to join a game and get in maps with 1 person in them and it's caped at 9v9. I was excited to play with =F|A= on MW2 but you can't join just any game though, you click on multiplayer and it throws you into a random session. I am definitely not getting MW2! It's a huge waste of time and it's $60!!! WTF?!?

I guess what I am saying is that you guys said that you would set up a =F|A= clan in MW2 but I think it is a waste of time... just my opinion though. What do you think?

Eh guess it isn't bad to have 1 server. The only concern I would have is hacking (which would drive everyone nuts since you can't really do much). Also 9v9 is way too small D=. VAC is a powerful anticheat system, but it is too commonly bypassed (man look at CS:S which uses VAC. Each time I play iceworld, we got to voteban some damn hackers who come and ruin the game).

Eh guess it isn't bad to have 1 server. The only concern I would have is hacking (which would drive everyone nuts since you can't really do much). Also 9v9 is way too small D=. VAC is a powerful anticheat system, but it is too commonly bypassed (man look at CS:S which uses VAC. Each time I play iceworld, we got to voteban some damn hackers who come and ruin the game).

Yeah but they thing is IWNET won't let you vote... IW is so trusting of their anti-cheats thing that you can't vote at all. I loved being able to pick the server that was playing my favorite map. Now it's jump in and hope for the best.

If you don't like it, don't play it. The fact of the matter is a lot of us do like playing it. And what you said about not being able to join a game your friends is in is not true, you definitely can. There are a solid 18 players already in our steam group with 300+ hours played in multiplayer =P

If you don't like it, don't play it. The fact of the matter is a lot of us do like playing it. And what you said about not being able to join a game your friends is in is not true, you definitely can. There are a solid 18 players already in our steam group with 300+ hours played in multiplayer =P

Yo Duckie i just joined the steam community for =F|A= . I have been playing since launch and been missing the clan members. Glad i finally tracked some of you down. my name now is Crunch though so look for me sometime.

HAHAH connect to xbox live =P. :hmm

I'm getting confused. There seem to be mixed results. Is MW2's multi player worth it? (the single player is worth a rent for x-360 but i don't have live) If I got it, it would be mainly for multiplayer. What's everybody's opinion?