Modern Warfare 2: The dissapointment

ShockHawk

• Administrators
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

this is messed up... i enjoyed watching the automatic ac130 pwn the hell out of ppl

I am assuming after few patches game will be good except p2p lag. btw that gravity we can do on hardcore. Find some day and we can rock and roll! I am so eager to play now using less gravity! LOL

I am assuming after few patches game will be good except p2p lag. btw that gravity we can do on hardcore. Find some day and we can rock and roll! I am so eager to play now using less gravity! LOL

I want low gravity on ET just for a day !!! *ha should have done it on the F|A birthday* (lol maybe someone should do !glow on. I always wondered what the heck that does)

Wow thats expensive. I blame trade barriers and gov taxes for most of cost in some regions (Like the UK ! They get screwed over unfortunately when it comes to video games)

That used to be the case mate, luckily for us in the UK most large stores consider games as being loss leaders now, I preordered my copy of MW2 from play.com & paid £34.99 including delivery. Two days later I could have picked it up off the shelf in ASDA for £24.99!!! ASDA openly said that they will cut the prices of games so that families don't have to pay silly money..........Oh & of course while junior gets his / her game Mum & Dad will spend £150 in store....

Incidentally, how do you get an invite to a MW2 game being run by FA?, do you have to message through steam while you have the game running & get an invite that way?

Edited by Psycho

Wow... I was psyched for MW2. It was better than it's predecessor in every way! Gametrailers even gave it a 9.5! Then it came out... They campaign is WAAAAY to short, and it's multiplayer sucks! (especially for pc) Apparently IW has some new thing called IWNET that they use on the multiplayer. There is no way to pick your favorite server or join games your friends are in and the lag is terrible! There are no console controls and a lot of times you go to join a game and get in maps with 1 person in them and it's caped at 9v9. I was excited to play with =F|A= on MW2 but you can't join just any game though, you click on multiplayer and it throws you into a random session. I am definitely not getting MW2! It's a huge waste of time and it's $60!!! WTF?!?

I guess what I am saying is that you guys said that you would set up a =F|A= clan in MW2 but I think it is a waste of time... just my opinion though. What do you think?

is it realy that bad? that sucks :confused:blink:

That used to be the case mate, luckily for us in the UK most large stores consider games as being loss leaders now, I preordered my copy of MW2 from play.com & paid £34.99 including delivery. Two days later I could have picked it up off the shelf in ASDA for £24.99!!! ASDA openly said that they will cut the prices of games so that families don't have to pay silly money..........Oh & of course while junior gets his / her game Mum & Dad will spend £150 in store....

Incidentally, how do you get an invite to a MW2 game being run by FA?, do you have to message through steam while you have the game running & get an invite that way?

If you type in steam (under communities) Fearless Assassins, you will find our steam group

Eh guess it isn't bad to have 1 server. The only concern I would have is hacking (which would drive everyone nuts since you can't really do much). Also 9v9 is way too small D=. VAC is a powerful anticheat system, but it is too commonly bypassed (man look at CS:S which uses VAC. Each time I play iceworld, we got to voteban some damn hackers who come and ruin the game).

VAC is worthless these days, in the competitive scene, you would see cheaters using a common cheat called CMD. Basically, one day a kid coded VAC proof cheats (isnt hard these days, their are thousands of them out now) and sold it to a couple people who gave it to their friends and so on and so on. My advice to you is go scrim, their are less cheaters in scrims than iceworld dm's and its quite a ball when youre fraggin with some drunk buddies at 3am. Unfortunately my css / steam is unistalled still but ill prolly get back into it some time.

PS: Leagues have been swamped with cheaters now a days. There was this one team (Learn to Play) that undoubtably cheated, every cevop player watched the demos and agreed that he was cheating. Now this team is cevop and i have no desire to get cheated out of my money. Although I must say ESEA has done a great job catching cheaters. It has a great anti cheat system but still isnt what all of us sourcers wish it was.

I always felt pretty good about myself playing MW2... until after I watched this ._.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyKWNQXGO_s

My ego is hurted.

HE HAS WALL !!! No i am joking. I never actually played the game for more than an hr at a friends house =P

Well, found my first two hackers in one day ._.

One was a waller; the other, upon death, would shoot the ground beneath him with a javelin (killing anyone around him), even though he was already dead.

Edit: apparently the javelin thingie is a glitch. A really dickmove glitch.