+attack & cg_drawgun 0 for Mouse1

JuLeZ'

Hello,

is it possible to bind +attack and cg_drawgun 0 to mouse1, so that the weapon disappears

when I shoot and appears again when I stop shooting?

Thank you in advance!

try it out.

bind Mouse1 "+vstr mouse_a mouse_b"
set mouse_a "+attack; cg_drawgun 0"
set mouse_b "-attack; cg_drawgun 1"

• Like 1

I tried to copy this to etconfig (replacing bind Mouse1) and it didn't work. Mouse1 didn't work at all any more.

Neither it worked when I typed this text in the console (mouse1 was only normal shooting).

It works for me. Is your config named autoexec.cfg? I had similar problems using autoexec.cfg as name, so I changed it.

oh wait you should have your own config for it, don't modify the etconfig.

how did you solved it Julez? :P

It worked for me after I tried to put the bind and set commands in the 'right order'. It looks like this now:

bind MOUSE1 "+vstr mouse_a mouse_b"

bind MOUSE2 "+attack2"

bind MOUSE3 "+attack2"

bind MOUSE4 "weaponbank 6"

bind MOUSE5 "weaponbank 7"

bind MWHEELDOWN "cg_fov 120"

bind MWHEELUP "cg_fov 90"

seta mouse_b "-attack; cg_drawgun 1"

seta mouse_a "+attack; cg_drawgun 0"

seta r_smp "0" unsafe

seta r_depthbits "24" unsafe

seta r_stencilbits "0" unsafe

seta r_stereo "0" unsafe

If you open etconfig.cfg with Editor, it looks very chaotic and withouth order, but when I opened it with Word,

everything was assorted. (I finally stick with putting it in my etconfig.cfg, I don't like to type /exec autoexe.cfg

every time I open the game, Raziel ;) )

I don't know if I'll keep this permanently, it's just a test. As you see, I often use cg_fov 90 to kill enemies who are

far away, and with cg_fov 90 your gun makes up a big part of the screen. Also I want to find out if you can concentrate

better on aiming if you have no gun while you're shooting.

I find something like this distracting. Either have gun drawn or off permanently. I prefer the gun drawn because it gives me more of a sense of aiming.

Same for me, especially for when i play rifle

• Clan Friend

If you open etconfig.cfg with Editor, it looks very chaotic and withouth order, but when I opened it with Word,

everything was assorted.

[...]

I don't know if I'll keep this permanently, it's just a test. As you see, I often use cg_fov 90 to kill enemies who are

far away, and with cg_fov 90 your gun makes up a big part of the screen. Also I want to find out if you can concentrate

better on aiming if you have no gun while you're shooting.

it's because et configs have unix-style line endings, if you open the config win anything too much 'windowish', it fails :P

you need a decent text editor, or if you don't have one wordpad would still work

Personally I use shift to toggle fov, I have tried to remove it and get used to only 1 fov, but now I am too much used to it, holding shift with my pinky during long range fights (I have fov 120 when I release it, 90 when I hold it), I know it's another sens, but only for long range it's ok

I have made other tests as well, like no sound when I shoot (useful to concentrate without hearing the shoots or hitsounds), or even no crosshair when I shoot :P

I find something like this distracting. Either have gun drawn or off permanently. I prefer the gun drawn because it gives me more of a sense of aiming.

yes me too, sometimes with pistols I use gun frame as well, but on etpro I can put it to 0 in b_endround, in other mods I often forget to set it back to 0 and the game crashes. For rifle I like always drawgun on.

I have made other tests as well, like no sound when I shoot (useful to concentrate without hearing the shoots or hitsounds), or even no crosshair when I shoot :P

I also tried to remove the shooting sounds, but I failed :P . Could you tell me how you did it, please?