+attack & cg_drawgun 0 for Mouse1

JuLeZ'

• Clan Friend

I also tried to remove the shooting sounds, but I failed :P . Could you tell me how you did it, please?

// this removes 'all' sounds when you shoot, you cannot remove only shooting sounds.
set begin_att "+attack; s_volume 0"
set end_att "-attack; -attack; s_volume 0.2" // or any other volume level you normally use
bind mouse1 "+vstr begin_att end_att"

at first I had a more complex version which removed sound only for some weapons, (not with medipacks, etc.) but this is ok. I find that when playing with a very high ping hitsounds can be a bit confusing (they are delayed), and also I'm supposed to aim with my eyes, not my ears :)

Another thing I often do is /b_hitsounds 2 on etpro or /cg_hitsounds 2 on jaymod or silent, that way I hear only headshots hitsounds (in my case read: I hear no hitsounds :P)

• 4 weeks later...

I have not used cg_drawgun = 1 in 7 years.

You see more of the screen and the only thing on which you focus is the crosshair. Only possible negative is if you have auto-reload on, or if you have the wrong weaponbank activated (throwing medpacks instead of shooting). This is just practice. After one day you will see improvements without the gun drawn.

I can't play with it on now. How could having MORE stuff on your screen be LESS distracting? lol

To each his own. :)

I still use it and, to be honest, I don't even pay attention to the disappear-process any more. When I shoot

at sb, I just concentrate on the crosshair, and the visibility of weapons when I don't press Mouse1 is very

helpful for seeing how long the reloading will take.

• 2 months later...

another Version of that with sensitivity

bind x "+vstr space_a space_b"

set space_a "+movedown; cg_fov 90; sensitivity 1.0"

set space_b "-movedown; cg_fov 105; sensitivity 1.5"

Edited by MoNoNeGrO
  • Like 1

i used to play without gun drawn, but then for some reason while back i tried with gun drawn and now i can't imagine playing with no gun. Feels just better with the gun also abit silly looking if no gun, but yeah it's personal preference and been using 110 fov for 5 years it's awesome on my 14inch shitty monitor and 800x600 resolution :P

Edited by Zephyr