Mute bots on NQ2

JuLeZ'

Hello everybody,

we have the problem of spamming bots for quite some time now on NQ2. I'm tired

of it, so I want to report it finally.

Et 2012 08 28 23 54 45 62

Et 2012 08 28 23 31 38 88

This is what happens pretty much every time somebody is welcomed or passed.

I don't see any purpose in Bots saying 'Hello' or 'Bye'. It's just spam. And annoying.

Et 2012 08 28 23 34 57 30

Bots have also found another way of spamming: if someone is coming to the objective

they say 'Incoming!' , 'Reinforce the defense!' etc. over 9000 times. And what makes me

really sick is the underlined thing (which is quite new, didn't notice it earlier):

why the hell do bots have the power to know and tell the team when an enemy engineer

is at the objective?! (this was at fuel dump). That's really to the other team's detriment.

So what do you think? Wouldn't it be much better if we just muted all bots?

Regards.

I guess in ways they can get a bit annoying but them talking bring a lil liveliness to the server if many aren't on. You can always turn the sound off so you can hear the v54 or v55, what i do now. Helps quite a bit imo.

Im not playing in NQ, but other Server Bots are like that... kinda.

To me, its not annoying and i cant remember bots spamming ever.

They just give ingame voice comments and say Hallo and Bye.

I dont think its a big deal and if it annoys you so much, then why dont you mute the vsay sound?

Honestly, I do not consider this a spam problem, do not even consider it annoying to the point of wanting to mute bots. They just do a good job on a server with not much fluid of players, his dialogues are limited only to say hello and goodbye, and provide info about obj. to the team.

If u visit nq1 often, will have the pleasure to appreciate what is really spam :P

• Like 9

Well, maybe you would find this annoying, too, if you played on NQ2 for a longer time... Bots make up the majority there.

And if somebody says Hello, there are thousand bots who respond to that at the same time. But as you wish.

I played a bit on NQ 2 and I enjoyed new maps.

To be honest I barely noticed omnis say hi. May be they do it randomly? I think it's fun. I wish they would say jokes about Chucknoris ... then it would be more fun. :D

• Like 1

i'm with Julez on this one, but i guess that doesn't count because i am notoriously against "noise". :)

Muting all sounds is not a good solution as that messes up the whole atmosphere of the game, but listening to bots doesn't provide any added value.

But as nani said...

It could be worse - it could be as on NQ1.

/Ooops

i'm with Julez on this one, but i guess that doesn't count because i am notoriously against "noise". :)

Muting all sounds is not a good solution as that messes up the whole atmosphere of the game, but listening to bots doesn't provide any added value.

But as nani said...

It could be worse - it could be as on NQ1.

/Ooops

Well thats kinda true too. We can just be happy that NoQ2 Doesnt have same kind spam wich NQ1 has :S

• 2 weeks later...