Leagal vs illegal scripts

Degritz

Console games don't have a drop down command line where you can edit the game. That's part of the fun of pc games - extensive customization.

There is actually. You just need to know how, in Call of Duty games there definitely is.

But in every game there is actually. All you have to do is have your xbox linked to your PC and edit the settings that way.

Theres also mods where you can run ET from your xbox but your playing it from your PC.. Console games and PC games are the same thing... You just need to know how to work around the cycle of it all...

Also, in your xbox system settings you can edit games that way too.. Like on Call of Duty 4 I have draw gun off, and blood flash off.. Ect ect..

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

[quote name=Josh/Faded :)' date='12 December 2009 - 02:31 AM' timestamp='1260585070' post='46827]

Uhh it depends, what is the host? gameservers? If so I would need to see something to remember its been a year or so lol.. Not saying u have to gimme access to FTP stuff but ya idk ill have to look around and stuff and refresh my memory.. ill PM ya when i find it tho..

LOL what it has to do with host? Host providers just host the game thats it. Will wait till your memory get refreshed.

And no don't PM me. Just reply it here so others admin can also use it if they like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

[quote name=Josh/Faded :)' date='11 December 2009 - 09:31 PM' timestamp='1260585070' post='46827]

Uhh it depends, what is the host? gameservers? If so I would need to see something to remember its been a year or so lol.. Not saying u have to gimme access to FTP stuff but ya idk ill have to look around and stuff and refresh my memory.. ill PM ya when i find it tho..

Should I still wait or should I consider that it doesn't exist? If it does exist we can use it and many will be thankful to you.

Should I still wait or should I consider that it doesn't exist? If it does exist we can use it and many will be thankful to you.

I think he means that he can't remember how different providers ftp's work. Because when you do this, you must have acces to yours server provider ftp(people who buy server, get acces to server ftp, where is all stuff relating to server; maps, server cfg, logs, etc). So you must somehow edit server cfg(its like editing your gaming cfg) but i can't remember either what to add there, because its a some time when i rented a server from YCN Hosting(and it was just for etpro private server, so I didn't need to edit server cfg, just add some maps, cfg's and scripts).

• Administrators

I think he means that he can't remember how different providers ftp's work. Because when you do this, you must have acces to yours server provider ftp(people who buy server, get acces to server ftp, where is all stuff relating to server; maps, server cfg, logs, etc). So you must somehow edit server cfg(its like editing your gaming cfg) but i can't remember either what to add there, because its a some time when i rented a server from YCN Hosting(and it was just for etpro private server, so I didn't need to edit server cfg, just add some maps, cfg's and scripts).

FTP has nothing to do with mod's and all.

I was looking for specifically where he said "Also, Dare, you don't need to be having /players binded xD Just go into the server settings and make it to where people can only change those things like 3 times a map."

FTP has nothing to do with mod's and all.

I was looking for specifically where he said "Also, Dare, you don't need to be having /players binded xD Just go into the server settings and make it to where people can only change those things like 3 times a map."

"Just go into the server settings and make it to where people can only change those things like 3 times a map." = go to server cfg and modify it somehow or add something(scipt?) to somewhere to ftp which prevent continuoysly changing settings.

Right?

• Administrators

"Just go into the server settings and make it to where people can only change those things like 3 times a map." = go to server cfg and modify it somehow or add something(scipt?) to somewhere to ftp which prevent continuoysly changing settings.

Right?

I haven't seen setting like that since I have been running servers. Care to explain where that setting is and what kind of setting that is? Name of that cvar?

Josh claimed he had done that past. So, I would like to know how.

Ahh so confusing. I am still on default cfg =P

I don't mean to flood the topic while Dare is waiting for a reply, but you and anyone else is free to contact me any way you see fit for any cfg questions or troubleshooting. In addition to the many other topics on the forum already relegated to it.

Nothing wrong with the default CFG though if you're comfortable with it and your performance is fine. No need to fix something that isn't broken.

I haven't seen setting like that since I have been running servers. Care to explain where that setting is and what kind of setting that is? Name of that cvar?

Josh claimed he had done that past. So, I would like to know how.

Well, I'm not the best guy to ask that cause I don't have much experience running servers, but I would imagine that it's not a single cvar but something like a separate script.

@OnionKnight and for all others too: Actually I'm starting a huge project now to make different tutorials related to ET, "Ultimate tutorial pack". Most of tutorials will be videos, so it's as user-friendly as possible. The hardest part of this job is to plan what to include there and what to tell excatly and organize them, but I try to finish it in 1-2months. Well, I will not tell more now, would be too long to write :rolleyes:

• Administrators

You can use our Blogs or Tutorial section to submit it. I will pin/sticky good tutorials and blogs. You can syndicate the blogs also.

i know you can set g_maxnamechanges but i don't think there is a g_maxFOVcycles lol.

you can set rate and maxpackets in the default map config on etpub, right? so everyone has rate = 25000 and 100 maxpackets or something, and it can't be changed?

IIRC you can enforce limits for these cvars in pbsv.cfg too, but kicking players for settings doesn't always result in them knowing what they got kicked for, and some players aren't going to understand that they need to fix their rate or something before they can connect. IMO kicking for a certain rate is not a good option.

i don't think that's really what dare is looking for but it's as much as i can think of at the moment =p

• Administrators

i know you can set g_maxnamechanges but i don't think there is a g_maxFOVcycles lol.

you can set rate and maxpackets in the default map config on etpub, right? so everyone has rate = 25000 and 100 maxpackets or something, and it can't be changed?

IIRC you can enforce limits for these cvars in pbsv.cfg too, but kicking players for settings doesn't always result in them knowing what they got kicked for, and some players aren't going to understand that they need to fix their rate or something before they can connect. IMO kicking for a certain rate is not a good option.

i don't think that's really what dare is looking for but it's as much as i can think of at the moment =p

I have already set g_maxnamechanges to 3 on Etpub and 2 on hardcore.

g_maxFOVcycles doesn't exist.

I can force the rate and i think it's already forced. Forcing maxpackets is not good thing since people choose packets based on their FPS.

I am well aware that from 2005 to 2010 no such thing existed which locks your maxpackets after 3 changes. But people claimed they did it in past so I am asking how and it seems like they have no answer for it.