Flame guards on jay1

bell reavue

I'm suggesting that MLB Daybreak replace Flame Guards on Jay1. The two maps are very similar, but Flame Guards is long and has a difficult objective. Even though regulars are getting used to it and more and more people know it, we still have problems with the objective being too hard. There are also complaints about FPS drops. Daybreak was on Jay1 before and (if I remember correctly) was just taken out of the rotation because people just got tired with it. It's a good size for the server and almost everyone knows it.

• Like 3

+1 Would be a great map to have again. Only one or two potential problems with the map, but that shouldn't stop it from being added to the rotation. Large enough for our times when we have a full server and still fun when there aren't as many people on.

Daybreak is not one of my favorites of all time. but flameguards has got to go. the objective itself is very similar to daybreak only that allies can win easily. even if you have 10 raters on axis, and only causal etplayers who don't play for rate spam grenades in hallways. it's a insta win.

This map can be good, but I don't think its good for jay1. the explosive damage there is five times stronger than jay2, jay3, and anywhere else. Even after the 1st stage of the map (if axis can ever get there) the obj becomes even harder to get. it's near the allies spawn and they spawn every 8 seconds. giving MGs, arty. and rifle grenades to regroup and do their spam on the obj.

The FPS is a very bad issue as well. wasn't there some kind of "Rule" that laggy maps shouldn't be put in the rotation? I stand in certain areas and corners and I would have 75 fps. drops down to 20 and when i'm moving its 40/30/25, People don't complain much about the FPS problem because mostly there it's just grenades in hallways, you hardly ever see someone using a gun or some kind of firearm, it's explosives, flames. and grenades. and for those who actually uses a mp40/thompson it's just impossible to get a smooth fire fight anywhere on that map.

Daybreak is definitely better in all aspects when it comes to flameguards. It's not laggy, good sniping map, and close up action too when you get further Into the map. With the same based objective. Please put daybreak back in and maybe put flameguards a try on jay2. if not, then just leave it in the trashcan cause it's laggy anyways

• Like 1

Having just recently played Flame guards, I receive lots of complaints about it. Many of these complaints come from our regulars and I'd hate to see them leave the server over a map.

Axis usually gets locked down defending their own spawn which is no fun for either team.

In this particular case Allies had 6 engineers that would constantly spam riflenades into the narrow passages the Axis have to run through to advance.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?cegzxaouo2i4miv

If by some miracle the Axis made it through the grenade spam, the come to an open room with swarms of Allies. Not an Axis player in sight on the radar.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?8xmqmvxuwao8bi6

The other passage on the other side of the map isn't much better either...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?02cey3l1esbs16e

Also there is an almost direct passage straight to the Axis spawn for the Allies, further stopping Axis progress.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?21s91wiapppzoaw

The Axis players get imaginably frustrated and disconnect from the server, which is saddening to see; but this also throws the teams off even more creating another problem.

I haven't played it yet :(

But if it has to go, I would like to have Fata Morgana/Golden Dunk in rotation (I'm in for the fun!). :l33t

BTW, also Daybreak is nice :)

P.S. Hi Mccloud all%20rock.gif

P.S. Hi Mccloud all%20rock.gif

hi :)

still same issues exist on this map here guys. I suggest getting as many people to read this thread as possible and let them vote too. and when the topic has a clear answer choose to keep it or remove it.

I don't play this map, shit pc!! too dark everywhere hard to know who is allies player and who is axis rofl. Only funny thing about this map is every-time this map loads-up, buck show up on server , he spams even teams so he can join axis and then when he fails he rage!! " fkk 20 ppl can't defend one dyno!!" LOL!!

True story

• Like 4

I don't play this map, shit pc!! too dark everywhere hard to know who is allies player and who is axis rofl. Only funny thing about this map is every-time this map loads-up, buck show up on server , he spams even teams so he can join axis and then when he fails he rage!! " fkk 20 ppl can't defend one dyno!!" LOL!!

True story

Tweak you r_gamma settings to see better in dark areas

As far the map is concerned, many players complain of fps drops. I usually get 20 fps and it's annoying to play with such fps.

The objectives are good but sometimes it's hard for axis blow up generator due to nade, mg, r nade spam.

Maybe we should chose daybreak or similar map which had no fps drops and good objectives.

Edited by yoyo
fixed

• 2 months later...

I never spam: "Even teams", I never rage quit either. I NEVER swear period!

I did chat: "20 players can't defend one dyno?" once.

I ask for players to move If team numbers uneven.

It's good that map ends If Axis don't advance.

Why Is It funny If team doesn't do objective and camps in spawn?

What's wrong with Me leaving If teammates don't help with objective?

This map Is a good replacement: Wide open...Outdoors mostly.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/765-the-moskeeb1pk3/

• Like 3

i think daybreak was the best ever map( in long maps category :>) i played though has bugs

i still don't know where to go in flame guards its dark as said above and for one place to go there are too many ways and axis seem to just roaming to find that way(as said bhul bhuliya in Hindi) so i think daybreak would be best choice so

• 1 year later...

There is problem with ET map: the_moskeeb1.

If boat is damaged at right moment, It can't be repaired by Allies.

If Axis then damage boat some more, It will be able to be repaired,

But boat will travel a few feet and become damaged again...

First time when i played the map it was friggin awesome i had like 5 kpm Xd Then the next time it was laggin quit badly. So on the one hand i like it alot but i can imagine that the lag is gonna spook people away from the server.