Favorite type of beer?

Ferretpaint

+1 for Fat Tire! I've been drinking Shock Top lately, the bar by my house sells steins for $5. I like IPA's for a BBQ on a hot day; so far I like the Rogue IPA and the Sierra Nevada IPA the most. Also http://www.wasatchbeers.com/beers.html has some amazing local brews, I especially like the Belgian White and the Devastator.

I usually go for stouts. My favorite is still Guiness. But when I just want a beer, I drink something like Coors Light. But a good hefeweizen always hits the spot too.

Ne triple Westmalle, nyam :D

And for those who ever tasted it: West-Vleeteren, it's just amazing :D but very expensive ;)

It's the best beer of the world after all xD

West-Vleeteren isn't "by definition" best beer in the world, it's one of the best known because of it's exclusivity. On the other hand, a friend of mine got 2 crates of 8 (bruin), and although I generally don't like bruin, that one was good.

updating after visited belgium. Palm ftw

Palm is good, it's something more than pils but not that much more annoying to your hangover the next day. I used to drink it a lot, but these days I get a bit more into the heavier beers.

The last years I'm more into blond and triples. I really like the Karmeliet Triple, good taste but not too heavy. The Westmalle is a bit more heavy, but still good. As a blond, I usually drink the La Trappe Blond (Tilburg's Dutch Brown Ale for those in the US). Hit 5 La Trappe Blond two days ago from the keg. Awesome :P

Good topic, I love a real ale myself. I like the dark ones almost stouts. Timothy Taylors Landlord, Old Speckled Hen, Old Thumper, are popular ones that you might know but I love local ones, Spitting Feathers and Brimstage Brewery. Nice trying out new ones in cool local pubs. Yep I'm an old fart lol. Don't mind a real cider and some German and Belgium beers are lovely. The old Aussie/English lagers are to gassy for me and flavourless but would never say no to a fee cold one on a hot day! :)