Super Crazy idea

KITE

Hey FA.

Yesterday i had this super crazy idea after analysing what was going on.

My observations:

[1] It's called HARDCORE server, therefor I'm guessing it offers a more edgy game, harder if you may want to call it.

[2] It is well filled, the server is full almost daily, plenty of players interested in this kind of game

[3] Relatively good players are playing there.

[4] The server is less objective minded and more 'kill' minded. (no rushing allowed proves this)

[5] People with low KD's have generally high TDG's

Idea of growth:

What would be awesome is that the server will get even more good players, more skilful.

Ways of achieving this:

How can you get a better audience? If good players fight good players they get better; logically. If you let the best soccer team play against the worst soccer team in the world over and over and over they wont get any better, au contraire.

The idea is drastic though, so I'm just going to tell you guys but please let me explain.

When a person's KD drops below 0.900 (or any value below 1, threshold To be determined) they get kicked until the next day with a message they can join the Beginners server or Noobserver (i dont know how you call it). Their KD is reset aswell, so they can take another shot at playing in the Hardcore server the very next day.

This will make the server harder, the people better. This is what they want, a good, skilful game. It's called Hardcore for something, right? ;)

The other thing you could do it ask the people in other servers to come play at the hardcore server, how? When they hit a high KD (lets say 4.000) they get an auto PM by the server saying something like :

'Is this game too easy for you? Come play at F|A HARDCORE and meet your match!" (just once every map, not to spam them).

It just creates a more dynamic server devision; its WIN/WIN

Results:

[1] HARDCORE server will be harder, populated with better players, offering a harder game (at a cost of losing a marginal amount of players)

[2] BEGINNERS server will be softer, a more easy game for the new players, offering a way to develop their skills

[3] The 'Medal Effect' People in the Beginners server will be proud they are told they are good and will go an try to get even better on the HC server!

[4] The 'Prestige Effect'. F|A will be able to legitly say they have the 'most hardcore' pub on ET (excl ETpro)! (attracting more good players)

Yours,

KITE

ps. yes i have exams and that means im wasting time doing these kind of stuff...

pps. this is not critism, this is a suggestion ;)

ppps. Can someone change the title to 'HARDCORER/BEGINNERSER' i forgat to change it, it was my draft :/

Edited by KITE

-1 in my case.

Destroy players game pleasure by kicking them to increase other players game pleasure isn't a good idea. If they want to improve their skills we have other servers where players lvl is more homogeneous.

Imo this is too drastic and restricts the player's freedom to play where they want, and it's not =F|A= mentality.

• Like 3

Pff freedom is overrated!

No just joking, remember this does increase skill and will attract other better players, you are basically winning in every way, it's only a marginal amount of players that are shifted downwards (like four at max) and its only for a day. Give it a.second thought. It's hard-core

To tell you the truth this is a crazy idea. No offense to yo Kite but its a horrible idea. The name hardcore doesnt mean what you think it means. Its hardcore in the fact that FF is on and the game play closer resembles competition ET most of the voted maps are the classic scrim maps. AFAIK rushing is allowed on hardcore.

I dont care about kd, but kd seems a pretty good indicator to separate bad from the pack. You can also use tdg but that is way.harder to keep track off

By the way. 0.8 kd means your realllllllllllly getting whooped, not just a bit. " not caring about kd " results in a kd between 1,5 and 2,5. Ask anyone .

well that would mean I couldn't play et at night anymore

I don't like jay so that's the reason I play on the hardcore server...

and I got a k/d of 0.85 or so (it's better then my k/d on nq ^^)

Just a logical question.

How is it possible for all the players to get a 1,5 to 2,5 k/d ratio without "whooping" some "bad" players?

If all players are around the same skill level, shouldn't it be around 1 k/d?

• Like 3

Wow guys easy I'm just suggesting, you should be glad someone is concerned about progress...

Just a logical question.

How is it possible for all the players to get a 1,5 to 2,5 k/d ratio without "whooping" some "bad" players?

If all players are around the same skill level, shouldn't it be around 1 k/d?

Real good question !

Kd isn't really kills divided by deaths its more complex but with an upward thingy, someone going 1/15 every map has around 0.8 kd for some reason

I suggest we ban people who suggest crazy ideas.....

jk

• Clan Friend

imho this is a modified version of what (used to?) happen in some 'skilled' etpro servers:

'gtfo nub go play [put name of another mod]' votekick -> F1

Not nice.

But at the same time I could say, why for example jay3 (called 'beginners' server) is many times full of players who are not even remotely beginners, and the poor real beginners get rolled, think everyone is a cheater and maybe go and download one to get busted later, or they just say 'this is a beginners server, suure..' (heard many times)

btw k/d could have been done way better than the way it is, and obviously if all players are skilled they would have the same k/d :P