covert oop with mp40 or thomson

krAzy :)

mp40/thompson  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Vote one out of 4 options

• Allow it like NQ mode.
    • Disallow it and if we see anyone using that we can issue kick. Same like no team killing allowed.
    • - Removed don't care. Even on 2.6b you can use that bug.
    • Simply play F|A 1. You can't use mp40/thompson as covie their. - This option is don't care. On all jaymod 2.1.7 versions you can use that bug.

Ya about this i wanted to know if you F/A guys could post codes here. But the conflict with this is i hear that some of yous think its against the rules and others allow it. just so we can clear this up, thanks. also getting permission before i post allies covy thompson code

Edited by jaybud

Ya about this i wanted to know if you F/A guys could post codes here. But the conflict with this is i hear that some of yous think its against the rules and others allow it. just so we can clear this up, thanks. also getting permission before i post allies covy thompson code

I consider it an exploit, hence why you never see me on FA anymore.

i do not see what the big deal is you can still be killed and the mp40 or tompons is just another gun to carry I would rather have the fg42 as covie !

seriously, anyone THAT STUPID should just /uninstall if you can't figure out the f***ing advantage. The cov with a thompson means the xp bonus that says "enemy in disguise" no longer works, you cant spot a covert by gun type, nor does such appear on the command map. In other words, you can't tell a covert in disguise till his ass has already unloaded half his clip between your eyes u f***ing tool......

I no longer will play on FA due to this, nor would I ever recommend doing so due to this exploit.

seriously, anyone THAT STUPID should just /uninstall if you can't figure out the f***ing advantage. The cov with a thompson means the xp bonus that says "enemy in disguise" no longer works, you cant spot a covert by gun type, nor does such appear on the command map. In other words, you can't tell a covert in disguise till his ass has already unloaded half his clip between your eyes u f***ing tool......

I no longer will play on FA due to this, nor would I ever recommend doing so due to this exploit.

i totally agree with suicidal maniac

• Administrators

Edit: This bug is seen on 2.6b also and poll is edited. For more info check my another post in the same topic.

i really haven't seen that much of this being used. in fact i think i've only seen two covies running around with an smg. i wondered how to do it, but just out of curiosity since i try to not shoot unscoped. it has never really bothered me, but that might be because i haven't seen it much. as far as suicidals comments i think it is fairly unfair that now the covies have absolutely no chance to be spotted when they are in disguise, but i don't have a problem with it as long as there isn't a huge increase in abusing it.

i think it is fairly unfair that now the covies have absolutely no chance to be spotted when they are in disguise, but i don't have a problem with it as long as there isn't a huge increase in abusing it.

ooo is it so? I need to get my eye check then, how I didn't notice :o .. anyways over huge increase over abusing it...its "how to use is spreading" , so you might see more of them.

tnkxbi

I will put a little input on this issue from what I have observed while playing on FA1 and FA2 servers:

First, this command to allow covie to have thompson/mp40 is primarily used on FA2. I know the command and I have played around with it just for fun. I personally don't care if covert kills me with covert weapon or thompson/mp40 even though I don't know why anyone would want to go covert and use another gun besides the 3 unique guns covert class already has. Well, I do know:

The problem with this bug or setting on a server is when it comes to rating - players are using this setting in order to "whore" uniforms for ranking on SplatterLadder. Not that they don't whore with FG, but it's a problem for the less-skilled players who can't use the covert weapons that well and get the ratings they don't deserve anways - FG has shit distance fire, Sten is shitty for close up shooting, and sniper is about he same for both - pretty much only used for sniping.

I have noticed this issue on FA2 about 95% of the time - each time I have used the command on FA1, many people are asking how I did that etc. But on FA2, it's become a normal thing.

As I said before, and I know many agree with me as I have spoken to them also about this issue, there is no problem with the setting in itself, but it does become a problem due to the players playing for ranking on SplatterLadder as this setting seems to ONLY be used by them. This setting is for less experienced aimers with covert weapons who can't handle original covert weapons that well, and are now given a chance to succeed to being the uniform whores they always were before, but also let's them use a weapon that is most familiar to them.

If there is nothing that can be done to change this setting, I feel it should NOT be allowed on FA servers. It's kind of like the poison knife setting which I disagree with because only a very small percentage of the players on a server at a given time actually know how to throw a poison knife - just like a very very small percentage of players on FA server know the command to use mp/thomp. as covert ops. It's not a setting that is fair to the entire server and should not be allowed to be used by a select few, while others are not allowed or don't know how to use the setting.

I feel a statement should be made to let players know that setting is not allowed on the servers and if they are using this setting or "glitch" they will be kicked and after continuous offenses - banned.

~See ya on servers~

Edited by nrgy