English Wikipedia anti-SOPA blackout

DJ aka GDR DJ

I was using the internet in the early 90's when only way to get online was through a dial up modem and pages to minutes to load, there was no youtube facebook or file sharing sites, it was full of message boards where you went and shared your ideas. Youth now take everything for granted and everytime there is a little change they cry like they gonna go back to stoneage.

Did you hear about the BPA? Ban Petrol Act?

They're all cursing about not being able to drive cars anymore. but they're a bunch of winebags. Cars sucked since they invented stop lights and cities aren't cool to cruise through anymore since everyone got a car. When I was younger we walked or used a horse and cart, we could get everywhere and people did a lot of travelling. Youth now take everything for granted and everytime there is a little change they cry like they gonna go back to stoneage.

Politicians care about staying popular and getting reelected. I read today that a few senators have already switched from being pro to against SOPA/PIPA because of all the pressure and controversy surrounding the issue. In this case I think the opinion of the people does make a difference.

All they need to do is do popular things close to elections. Seeing as its the election year for the President and not the Senate, Senators have nothing to worry about as of right now if they support this bill.