Invincible?

OwnsUNoobz

Was just thinking(yeah i know....dangerous)Maybe we can look in to when someone spawns they're invincible for like 3 seconds?Would cut WAY down on the spawn camping and pissed off moods people are in shortly after being spawn camped.

We have this spawn protection style system on W:ET.. It's a very good idea, and personally I think it should be an option on any game to enable it server-side.. Best way is to have 5-10 second spawn protection which is deactivated if you fire your weapon.. Otherwise the tables are simply turned and recently spawned players have an unfair advantage.

As a guest on 2 of your 3 cod servers i frequent yours for specific reasons. I remember reading one of your boys saying in an in~game conversation with another guest how your server attracts a certain level of talent (and by extension a certain profile of gamer).

Yes, when you're trapped in a location b/c the enemy has pushed through and successfully overpowered your defences can be frustrating, especially when you're also being bombarded by air strikes but thats also part of the fun and the challenge. Its then that youre forced to come up with unconventional tactics or be a martyr for your team.

Either way you'll spawn elsewhere or you'll break through eventually. If you just mod the server to allow that period of invincibility it just takes away from the "teamwork" required to achieve that goal.

Edited by TuNNel-Rat
  • Like 1

I see what you're saying tunnel rat, and feel free to tell me to GTFO since I am an ET player and don't know the world of COD, but spawn protection doesn't mean no more spawn kills :P We still get spawn raped plenty on ET, the spawn protection simply offers you a CHANCE of survival when your team is being spawn camped.

But on ET, there's no way to get out of that situation really.. Once one team has an advantage, unless a shuffle is made, you will keep on getting raped map after map (unless of course, people switch teams or as i previously mentioned, a shuffle..).. So I might be mistaken by thinking it's the same on COD.. if it is, then spawn protection helps the server.. If it's not, then i would say leave it as it is.

5-10 seconds may be a bit long but 3 could be enough time to get away from the area being bombarded. I do like the idea of once you fire it makes you vulnerable.

No mercy from me...if you get that trapped off in COD4 it is due to one of two things. 1. extreme team unbalance, one team far superior or 2. The trapped team is attempting to camp in or around their own spawn. I am not a fan of any type of spawn protection it tends to disrupt my fast paced game play.

No mercy from me...if you get that trapped off in COD4 it is due to one of two things. 1. extreme team unbalance, one team far superior or 2. The trapped team is attempting to camp in or around their own spawn. I am not a fan of any type of spawn protection it tends to disrupt my fast paced game play.

Owns, i get your pov but i think your recommendation will only benefit other players who think like you. To the hardened camper this is just a gift certificate to camp more.

Funkbut hit the nail on the head. By contrast im a slow player though. Running wild n crazy all over the map isn't for me. Case in point, i'm still relatively new to cod, still spec players, still learning tricks up to last week. i also prefer sharpshooting from spawn or from enemy terr and sometimes get trapped after the spawn switch so i camp~relocate not too far~camp more.

Ive been invaded by the opfor and successfully fended them off, sometimes i still die. Ive had to develop strategies and think tactically esp when my mates go down (crash/crossfire) knowing that im at a tactical disadvantage with a silenced 9mm vs enemies with smg/lmg's or run out of clays/c4. It builds confidence though and forces me to adjust tactics to stay alive.

Sometimes your team doesnt have a choice but to hold the line at spawn but its fun. You know everyones workin hard and pulling together. I think ppl fully appreciate a hard earned win or close loss vs a game thats just too easy.

and feel free to tell me to GTFO since I am an ET player and don't know the world of COD

lol dude we dont care, your an FA member that means to us chat away lol. the more opinions the better.

bout the spawn killin though, i mean im for but against it lol. I mean I am one of those guys that camps the spawn and picks off the enemy just for fun, but then ive also been on the recieving end of it and cant help but wish I could spawn for like 1 sec before i get a bullet to the arse....just my 2 cents, but spawn protection probably isnt a good idea on a hardcore server.

• Like 1

lol dude we dont care, your an FA member that means to us chat away lol. the more opinions the better.

bout the spawn killin though, i mean im for but against it lol. I mean I am one of those guys that camps the spawn and picks off the enemy just for fun, but then ive also been on the recieving end of it and cant help but wish I could spawn for like 1 sec before i get a bullet to the arse....just my 2 cents, but spawn protection probably isnt a good idea on a hardcore server.

Invest in smoke grenades you cheap a** bast***.....lol

• Like 1

Invest in smoke grenades you cheap a** bast***.....lol

then i die faster cause they frickin spray and pray with that shhiiptpp. dont work and im not cheap im just over worked and under paid lol.

It happens that I get spawn raped, wild guess about 1 death out of 100. Rather have that than facing an enemy which is invincible yet can deagle headshot me...

Secondly, it is not possible with CoD4 no-mod by default settings. And our adminmod can't handle that either, the adminmod can read when you die, not prevent a player of getting slaughtered (otherwise hacking would be way to easy I guess...). Of course, we can set that if you kill someone who just spawned you get kicked/slaughtered/warned/etc, but we don't want that either.

Rolf seems to make a point saying it isn't possible on our server. To that I say HECK YEAH. Getting spawn raped is such a rare occurrence and adding in a safety period just encourages camping IMO. Servers I've played that have that feature, I do not like, hence why I play FA.