Apple says company co-founder Steve Jobs has died

T Sizzle

wooo

I certainly hope you are not cheering his death. Love the guy or hate him, no one can argue that he was not an incredibly influential man who made positive changes in the way we communicate, and how our software communicates with us.

the news struck to me like a lightning bolt

my first computer was a mac(powerbook g4), lasted for 6 years before a hard drive failure... good times...

my first device that pretty much changed the way i lived was (like so many teens lol): my iPod.

yea i would escape to a world of sounds when i would go on trips, out seeing stuff

listening to music, and listening to audiobooks and podcasts at times, all in a small thing in that fits in my pocket...(hell, even in that extra small pocket that some pants or other clothes have)

... no one can argue that he was not an incredibly influential man who made positive changes in the way we communicate, and how our software communicates with us.

so true ghostwind.... its why how we are more involved now in that aspect than what we have, at least, 10 years ago...

i didnt think i would want to fill my iPod full of stuff that i prolly wont get to hear at least in my lifetime lol.

or i didnt think that anyone can be productive with just a simple mouse and keyboard and a small screen...

he surely left behind a legacy that probably feels like a hole now which cant be filled exactly, he did so much.

RIP Steve Jobs, i'm eating an apple now in respect :)

Edited by deadpnk

History...

21kkw3m.jpg

Apple founders, Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs at the beginning.

97v2fq.jpg

Steve Jobs NEXTWORLD Expo conference in San Francisco , January 1992

cntxj.jpg

Steve Jobs presents new Macintosh and PowerBooks, November 1997

11l78ur.jpg

Steve Jobs, MacWorld Expo, San Francisco, January 1998

30xga4k.jpg

New Apple iBook presetation, July 1999

33o38rl.jpg

Apple Mac OS X presentation, San Jose, 2000

2j192ed.jpg

Steve Jobs, 2005

11l1q2s.jpg

Steve Jobs, 2010

Way too early to pass away.. R.I.P. Mr. Jobs!

"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything - all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." ~ Steve Jobs

I heard Steve Jobs was into Star Trek and science fiction. Maybe that was some of the motivation behind his ideas and products. Didn't Officer Geordi La Forge have an iPad he used in the engineering department???

I heard Steve Jobs was into Star Trek and science fiction. Maybe that was some of the motivation behind his ideas and products. Didn't Officer Geordi La Forge have an iPad he used in the engineering department???

Indeed. I heard that the way you zoom with an iPhone/iPad or MacBook was like they opened the screen on the Enterprise in one movie. Never checked if it's right though.