Guns

TulsaGeoff

I would look for a way to convert a Ruger 10/22 to a m1 carbine. I see the stock sets are available but I don't know what else would be needed. The Rugers are great 22's. 

I did as you said, and there is a stock set for around $100! I'll look into it more, thanks for the help! 

I did as you said, and there is a stock set for around $100! I'll look into it more, thanks for the help! 

The 10/22 has the most accessories out of any other gun except the AR-15. A huge plus to consider when looking at guns. 

You can build one completely using aftermarket parts. 

• Like 1

Another nice .22L is the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22.  It's a .22L in the AR-15 platform.  There are quite a few other companies that have similar models, but without the normal functions of an AR-15 like the Smith & Wesson's has.  They also don't jam like many of the others do.  Average price is around $500.  I've seen them in black, regular camo, and hot pink camo.  My daughter wants the hot pink camo one.  Check it out  here:    this video cracks me up

Another nice .22L is the Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22.  It's a .22L in the AR-15 platform.  There are quite a few other companies that have similar models, but without the normal functions of an AR-15 like the Smith & Wesson's has.  They also don't jam like many of the others do.  Average price is around $500.  I've seen them in black, regular camo, and hot pink camo.  My daughter wants the hot pink camo one.  Check it out  here:    this video cracks me up

That is what I own and shoot matches with. It has a primary arms red dot and geissele s3g trigger. It's very reliable and the most fun gun I have. :)

What is the point of having a .22? Its just like a air rifle. And i have an air rifle chambered in .22 and only thing i can imagine using it for is shooting at random things like cans and shit like that.
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?473825-Air-Arms-Mistral-valuation-lots-of-pics
(not my topic but the same gun as i have)

Edited by LainTime SwE

What is the point of having a .22? Its just like a air rifle. And i have an air rifle chambered in .22 and only thing i can imagine using it for is shooting at random things like cans and shit like that.

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?473825-Air-Arms-Mistral-valuation-lots-of-pics

(not my topic but the same gun as i have)

What I do with my rimfire pistol and rifle 

It's an economical way to shoot a large quantity of rounds. 

I shoot the heck out of .22's.  I have 4 rifles and 4 pistols in .22 caliber rim fire. Every time we shoot the steels we always bring the .22 pistols for extra fun. The ammo is still overpriced.  The gun show this past weekend they were selling the 500 round boxes for $65.00.  Luckily I still have a few thousand rounds to play with.  I am hoping the ammo comes back down.

I shoot the heck out of .22's.  I have 4 rifles and 4 pistols in .22 caliber rim fire. Every time we shoot the steels we always bring the .22 pistols for extra fun. The ammo is still overpriced.  The gun show this past weekend they were selling the 500 round boxes for $65.00.  Luckily I still have a few thousand rounds to play with.  I am hoping the ammo comes back down.

Yeah ammo is still generally that over priced here as well. Anything over 6.5 cents a round is more than Im going to spend even though this is something i look forward to every month. But you can sign up for notifications on slickguns,net for whenever you can get cheaper. Since im by a PC all day, I can get alright priced ammo every once in awhile.

• Like 1

Wow, TulsaGeoff, that is a great price for the S&W AR15-22.  Unfortunately my daughter was sitting next to me when I opened the forums and now.... I have to come up with a different excuse for not getting one yet...  Thanks B)

As a Firearms Instructor I teach all skill levels from people who have never even picked up a gun to Law Enforcement and Military tactical pistol and tactical rifle.  I find that starting a person out with a .22L helps to get them used to practicing all the fundamentals of firing a gun with the added kick, although very minimal, and the bang of a gun going off.  Both of which are unnerving to beginners who aren't used to it.  A nice .22L pistol for beginners is the Ruger SR22.  It has all the functions of full sized center fire handguns, without the kick and cost.

i only have few right now just got gun cabinet so i only have a 9MM S&W and a 30. 06 savage i had the rifle since i was 17 i love that gun and got the 9 few years ago i will have to post some pics

Edited by Shawn~1988