UFO or Meteor ?

brauning

i think the term UFO should be defined in the topic as like someone earlier said, its just an identified flying object so could be anything.

The actual speed and light pattern from the video looks more like a meteor, probably a block of ice reflecting light.

I think that we have a very limited view of what life it. Heck we were pooping in buckets and riding horses a hundred years ago. Ours is a middle aged young star. So I would guess that of the billions of possiblities, life could have formed anywhere and moved to younger stars as they became unstable. If we can progress as quickly as we do, how long do you think it would take us to leave this planet and head out at reasonable speeds. That is assuming we don't wipe out the planet by an experiment gone wrong. :) And if we can progress quickly, it would be very narrow minded to assume we are the only ones. The first observations of out solar system was that everything revolved around us. I think there is life out there. But unless we are the "space seed" of them, they will not look or have the same construction as us.

I think this is crazy....I'm not sure if any of you have heard of Mono Lake, it's in California near mammoth in the siera mountains....BUT it is the ONLY LAKE to be filled with arsenic......recently last year....they found plant life....ARSENIC BASED PLANT LIFE....so now nasa needs to go back to all the data and planents that we have visited looking for ARSENIC BASED LIFE FORMS instead of carbon based.....its kind of crazy because something that can kill us so easy...can be the genetic make up of extra teristrial life forms.

• 1 month later...

I would like to believe that there is life on other planets. But whether they could reach us is another problem. As far as we know the universal speed limit is the speed of light, and we have no planets that can support life near us. It would be a very long trip for whoever wanted to come here.

Unless the other life is in dimensions occupying the same space as us but not visible because of the different physical constants. One would have to find a way of making an individuals physical constant mirror another dimensions and poof they would see and be in another world. That or one of the many Multiverse theories. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to believe that there is life on other planets. But whether they could reach us is another problem. As far as we know the universal speed limit is the speed of light, and we have no planets that can support life near us. It would be a very long trip for whoever wanted to come here.

wormholes, only problem is that it needs a lot of energy to keep open.

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool video, but there is no way to tell how far away the object is. Forced perspective is always an issue with videos like this because the object could be very large and far away or smaller than people think and closer. But meteorite......I doubt it.

I think the answer is in the question . If it is not a meteor , it is an object . And if it is not an obect, where it come from? It make an other question .

I think the answer is in the question . If it is not a meteor , it is an object . And if it is not an obect, where it come from? It make an other question .