• Opera
    • Netscape Navigator (lol wat?)
    • What iz internets?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IE (including 8) is ftf in performance, security, and basically all-around

chrome is good for speed, but total POS for security (still only using chrome to test my website on and nothing else because 2-3 major holes were found in it less than 24 hours after its official release)

safari is ok

Firefox is my personal favorite, although its security is not quite what I would like it to be, which is why I use noscript

Konqueror = :)

I can see that non of you are web developers :(

if you guys had to do any web pages for browsers you would be damning them all to hell.. :x

up until now I used to develop only for IE.. because it was a easy to develop browser.. had all the necessary features to do creative, attractive dynamic sites.. and

wasn't picky about the HTML...

but then.. you geeks came in and stared to give a significant quota to firefox.. but trying do develop for firefox is the shitiest thing ever.. supports almost no interesting features.. displays the HTML poorly ... and does nothing but the bare minimum..

And not to forget that you cant do either one or other.. you have to do both.. so pages get full of ugly hacks... just to try to make the pages render similarly (never equally)...

And since the geek world keeps pushing for Firefox.. IE had to become more "standard compliant"... so IE 8 is now the worst of them...

fortunately chrome appeared.. and I must say it is the best browser ever... and I say this as a user and as a developer...

but for all my sins... you geeks keep pushing on the "open source" crap.. instead of the "what would be better for the future of the internet" crap

and that should always be.. the browser that allows for cooler websites...

sure firefox may have a bunch of plugins.. but what does that help for site interactivity...

So for now CHROME FTW...

PS: and will you geeks stop pushing firefox into the common user that does not know shit about browsers.. but by using your recommended browser is making life hard on everyone :x

honestly, I have made quite a few websites, all of them by hand in notepad, and the only browser that I have had an issue with is IE, EVERY other browser renders everything pretty similarly (even with a fair amount of javascript and embedded google maps and google earth plugin), except IE. I made a totally W3 standards-compliant webpage where chrome screwed up the page slightly, opera rendered it fine, firefox rendered it fine, and I had to add a hack to get IE to render it readable.

And yes, I am a geek, and yes I like open-source software, neither of those is a crime... yet. (and hey, open-source is the same price as piracy, but it's legal) and in fact, I even have 27 pieces of open-source software installed on my xp partition of my computer. And yes, standards-compliant is a very GOOD thing, browser-specific html tags, etc. is a very BAD thing. Not to mention, how come gmail has so many cool features and looks cool... on firefox.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Yeah but chrome doesn't support RSS and few other stuff :(

Even my webtool doesn't work with chrome for some reason.

I use chrome 80% time and 20% IE.

I used to use Firefox until Chrome came out. Now I use it.

The only reason IE is so high up there is because it's like the default browser for most PCs and no one know how to use the others.

I just like the way Chrome runs plus it looks all legit and nice.

Edited by Defy#

I use FireFox 99.9 % of the time. I keep IE 6 & 8, and chrome & safari installed for web development (and windows updates). I hate the hacks that I have to use for IE to get it to render a page I am designing properly when all the other browsers seem to render similarly (read PROPERLY!!!).

I use firefox - the add-ons definitely make it the best for me. The difference in speed is not enough to allow Chrome to topple FF.

The difference is huge. I did the test myself with a program that calculate my waiting time. I don't remember the times, but Firefox made me loose a couple time. Second thing, Firefox goes to >125 megs of ram with no reasons. Then it became slow, then you close one tab and it bust all your other tabs. Chrome is stable and never take as much ram as Firefox does.

Other thing, I'm listening to radio all the time. Firefox cache everything and it end that I use 200 megs of ram because I was listening to radio too much time. However Chrome can see that it's a video and just cycle over it.

Did you know that a lot Firefox addons are working with Chrome? I don't know which addons you are using but except the ones for web development I never found any of them useful (especially adblock which just slow down the time of loading the page (do your tests before answering back ;) )).