TF2 Free Week Jun 20

TulsaGeoff

TF2 is free for a week. I'll probably download and play it some if I get some free time this weekend. The game has a huge cult following similar to that of ET.

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/440

Enjoy

http://www.teamfortress.com/

EDIT: The game is now free to play :D

IS NOW FREE FOREVER!!!

No, seriously. Valve made the game free-to-play in total, not just for the week. Also, "Meet the Medic" video is finally out. So glad, since that's my fav class.

-RoGue

Why would Valve do this? Make some extra $. They assumed that everyone who wanted to buy this game bought it, so if the make it f2p they can maybe make more profit off the purchasable in-game hats ect.

I loved this game when I got The Orange Box on my 360, so it's nice to see that now I can play it on my PC for free. I think Valve made a good move tbh.

I got how many years of tf2 for my orange box purchase? I've had it for most of it's life so I'm not very annoyed by the F2P transition. Kinda sucks if you bought it in the last month or something like that, but I doubt there are many people in that boat. Personally I think they should have given all the current owners with a gift card for the ingame store. Not because I think they need to reimburse us, but because then that would give people an incentive to go into the store, and maybe pay a bit more for a more expensive set hat.

In total, probably a good choice to make it F2P. I suspect they were balancing game buys with in-game store income and decided that the new free players would statistically pay more in the store than Valve would get from the few who would actually purchase the game.

-RoGue