Is brink dead?

Dworkin

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just can't make games like they used to. I remember when ET first came out, I would fake sick out of school for days in a row and stay up all night and play all day. Even getting 20 fps on Radar back then couldn't keep the grin off of my face. Not 1 new stinking game can give me that feeling since, not 1.

• Administrators

They just can't make games like they used to. I remember when ET first came out, I would fake sick out of school for days in a row and stay up all night and play all day. Even getting 20 fps on Radar back then couldn't keep the grin off of my face. Not 1 new stinking game can give me that feeling since, not 1.

Because before it was all about making player happy. Now a days it's all about DLC and making more money.

I use to do the same thing with CnC Renegade, Very good team based game and still has 100-500 people online.

Dam, wanted to order it a couple of days ago

Glad I didn't do it ^^

IDEA: make it free to play? maybe that will help XD

IMO they should release ET2 (multiplayer only), ET on the new engine with some updates (like CS 1.6 -> Source).

Have you played Wolfenstein (2009)? Splashdamage/id totally messed it up, and if you let them make another sequel to the W:ET/rtcw scene they'll kill all further interest in it altogether. W:ET's fine as it is, although it would be nicer to have better graphix and mobility (id Tech 4).

Since I don't play the game at all due to my job and ongoing master at this moment. I keep this server up for you guys. Then I expect that the day I want to play, I'll be able to find our server with people. However if you guys don't think it's a good idea to keep the server on, I'll take it down and invest in another game (not ET).

I'm bored of ET, I don't want to get back to it. Don't have any hope for me to come back to that game.

Now in my opinion, the COD series are out of flavor. They don't bring a teammate play as ET, L4D and Brink was bringing and I need the team play.

Now that the ET and COD business if fixed, I want to know what other games out there would be worth a shot in your minds?

Bulletstorm?

Duke Nukem?

BF3?

Crysis 2?

I need 1st person shooter ideas...

I loved how the game looked. I loved that they used similar classes and skills as ET. I hated the S.M.A.R.T. movement system. I prefer being able to control every aspect of a game..

But the trailers looked great, and it was a game I would consider buying in the future when the price of the game came down, but after hearing about the frequent bugs, crashes, and low server population, I think I'm going to stick with ET.

Although better graphics, new weapaons, new maps, etc.. are cool and fun , sometimes simple is better.

Please, don't compare ET to Wolf 2009, it's just an insult to our lovely Enemy Territory :). I only hope Xreal will revive ET scene and public section a bit.

Edited by Dragonji

Kinda sad that it died so quickly....if they hadn't rushed it to market like was done with wolfenstein and there were fewer bugs I think it may have done much better. All in all it isn't a terrible game.