The Censor System

Robinson

Hello!

I am starting this topic because I have a feeling that the censor.db needs an update on J3.

Could someone paste the list of screened words? If not then just please delete these entries :

idiot

turkey

nazi

Thank you. [i have no clue what could turkey be used for to have it here lol]

Yeah, before I had silent commands to unmute myself with, I often got auto-muted for calling myself an idiot when I made a mistake lol..

And 'bone' is also blocked... I get muted for that too, saying "Throw me a bone". -.-

• Like 1

I think it's silly to ban a word that influenced the game you're playing tbh..

Plenty of people say things like "Die nazis!!" when killing Axis just as a joke (because yes, Axis ARE the nazi team of wolfenstein).. And dont mean any offence..

We have admins who can !warn, !mute, !kick people using certain words abusively.. Obviously censor words like "****" "douche" "f***er" etc.. Because there's no meaningless way of saying that.. But certain words should be allowed, and moderated by admins.

I never used the auto-mute function. Mainly because it mutes innocent players.

Also, Kids will just start writing "boooon" "n0 0b" etc etc instead, and it will become a sport for them.

Instead, take a good long look at the logfile ( I always use a nice little program called "etsnitch" ;) ) and note those players that just won't stfu and mute them forever. No more problems. You still have all your players.

In general, I think you're too kind on the "noob-callers". If someone goes to the trouble of locating the chat to manually write "noob" to someone that fragged him (what a bit surprise in ET! - u got fragged!) then that person is an internet-douche whose attitude are not likely to change within the next 5-20 years. MUTE THEM! FOREVER! ASAP! They ruin the game for normal players that play ET for fun.

• 2 years later...

on jay3 i saw many bad german and turkish words.

i warned and muted.

i know all german and turkish bad words what we can use too for censor system maybe?

Report on tracker is probably the best option.

And next time it might be a better idea to start a new topic. :)