Thompson / mp 40 which side are u on.

INDIAN**

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clan Friend

mp40 is a quick shot. tommy gun is more of the long down range take ur time killing them type. the tommy is more accurate tho.

i would have to say mp40 for me.

no.

but I think these posts are interesting the same, because they prove a thing:

*just* playing you can never know some things, especially if you don't even pay attention.

You can, only if you do tests like setting up a local server, and cheking hitboxes, spread, etc. with a friend or alone, or even better if you take a quick look at et source code.

You don't have to be a musician (lol) to pay attention to the 'rhythm' of mp40 and thompson fire, and realize they have the same rate of fire.

But knowing that they (both) shoot a bullet every 150 milliseconds and they have an initial delay of 100ms is another thing.

How can, for example, a player who 'just' plays know that bullet spread has a square shape, let alone things like the fact that dot crosshair (the most commony used) is not really centered, and it cannot be moved to real center even with crosshairx and y commands, etc. etc.

or maybe they are just trolling

How can, for example, a player who 'just' plays know that bullet spread has a square shape, let alone things like the fact that dot crosshair (the most commony used) is not really centered, and it cannot be moved to real center even with crosshairx and y commands, etc. etc.

or maybe they are just trolling

I would like to know more about that crosshair thing, since it seems to happen every now and then that I have so called "bullet lag", meaning I see my own tracers but I shouldn't. Maybe it's because CH has moved a little, dunno, haven't dig into it, just thinking.

And they are propably not trolling, maybe they are lazy to read whole topic. :P

• Clan Friend

I would like to know more about that crosshair thing, since it seems to happen every now and then that I have so called "bullet lag", meaning I see my own tracers but I shouldn't. Maybe it's because CH has moved a little, dunno, haven't dig into it, just thinking.

And they are propably not trolling, maybe they are lazy to read whole topic. :P

the crosshair thing is nothing special, just compare cg_drawcrosshair 5 with the inner part (little dot) of crosshair #9, which is the one really in the middle. Not a big deal but in very long range even a pixel *could* matter.

sometimes I prefer to use #9 without the outer part and with a bigger size, still stays more or less in the middle, but it's like a square without border, so it's hard to find a good color to match any surface in the map.

About bullet lag I have had that impression too, one day I was trying in lan (without any spread server side, so no random bullets) a map called target practice, and I had the clear impression that I didn't hit where I aimed, even with ping=0 and spread disabled. I think the starting point of the bullet line is not perfectly aligned when you move, but I didn't investigate further. Just an impression until contrary proof.

But if you play online a delay in tracers is normal. The game client draws the tracers when the 'event' regarding your bullet comes from the server, and not when you shoot, so they are delayed like your hitsounds according to your ping, that's the reason why I always disable them when I can (not on jaymod that is) because I find it confusing.

edit:

about that bullet offset in lan, I made a test with a very slow timescale, and the trajectory seems to be ok. So probably it was a placebo effect caused by that 100ms delay you have from the moment you press the button, and when you actually shoot. This assuming that slowing down timescale is a reliable way to simulate a thing in slow motion. In the past I even did 1vs1 duels in a server with reduced timescale and I remember my ping in the scoreboard changed because of that.

Edited by SunLight

I like using the gun the other team has, I.e as allies I like an mp40. I feel like people come looking for me less when they hear a gun that should be theirs, probably not true :P

Thats how i feel as well... i tend to live longer when i switch too

About bullet lag I have had that impression too, one day I was trying in lan (without any spread server side, so no random bullets) a map called target practice, and I had the clear impression that I didn't hit where I aimed, even with ping=0 and spread disabled. I think the starting point of the bullet line is not perfectly aligned when you move, but I didn't investigate further. Just an impression until contrary proof.

But if you play online a delay in tracers is normal. The game client draws the tracers when the 'event' regarding your bullet comes from the server, and not when you shoot, so they are delayed like your hitsounds according to your ping, that's the reason why I always disable them when I can (not on jaymod that is) because I find it confusing.

edit:

about that bullet offset in lan, I made a test with a very slow timescale, and the trajectory seems to be ok. So probably it was a placebo effect caused by that 100ms delay you have from the moment you press the button, and when you actually shoot. This assuming that slowing down timescale is a reliable way to simulate a thing in slow motion. In the past I even did 1vs1 duels in a server with reduced timescale and I remember my ping in the scoreboard changed because of that.

I mean I have set it so that I don't see my own tracers, but I see enemies tracers, and thats how it should be. But sometimes I start to see my own tracers, which is annoying + always, always, my acc drops like hell, just can't hit anymore OR my shots are somehow delayed. I know that tracers are just visual thing and the actual bullet hits the target immediately after shot, but I can't explain 1. why I start to see my tracers and 2. my acc drops like hell. For example from 55 to 38-40.

And that occurs only at jaymod, not etpro. Once I solved problem by deleting unnecessary .pk3 files (like the menu ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.pk3) but now I don't have any custom skinpacks/anything else that would cause it.

I didn't know it was possible to disable tracers in jaymod

Good point lol. Anyway, dunno why I see them(my own tracers) sometimes, and sometimes not and when I see them my acc drops dramatically. It can't be placebo, otherwise my acc would not drop that much. Usually I just stop playing on that server and search next one, since it isn't fun to play anymore when u just can't hit properly.

Edited by BossHK