Etpro tournament?

Beckoning

Well i've noticed that your etpro server (the best mod imo) is the only server consistently empty. Maybe if you try to hold weekly tournaments with members and non members you can gain some more popularity there. I know for our et pro server we had a weekly 6v6 game (well around that, often lower) just to get members interested and more familiar with scrimmage tactics/strategies/and get them on vent to build teamwork. It also got the non members more interested in perhaps applying to the scrim team, or even just working as more of a team player on our regular servers. We found that it helped not only with game play, but a lot of us became a lot closer because of it, which is always a good thing to have in a clan.

As for the set up, we would just get the server settings changed to ETL 6v6 scrim settings, and did a 3 map rotation. You could do a sign up and make the teams randomly, or get people to create their own teams. The best part is it takes very minimal monitoring from people outside of the teams as long as you made two team captains with vote capability. This really is just a simple way to grow curiosity in the server and mod, and it might get a ton of the people who claim "I never thought i was good enough for et pro" involved. What a lot of players, (and not just new players), don't understand is that etpro isn't JUST for pros, it's for anyone who likes slightly harder settings in order to improve their game play. I'm not sure if you have that server for other reasons entirely, and if you do you can always try this on the etpub server also :)

I like the idea except I like the TWL or STA configs better than ETL although its all practically the same. I'm a regular ETPro player so I welcome this idea :)

I could be a team captain if needed.

• Administrators

Our Etpro server has all configs. Use callvote to load the configs.

U guys can randomly scrim .. just xfire or post in etpro section who is willing to play Etpro on regular basis and call them out.

I've learned that unless you're in a league or cup, having set scrims never works. Pick-ups work much better. You have a few options here:

- IRC: #etscrim on quakenet

- xfire: xfire people you think would be up for a scrim.

- severs: go into servers and ask

from the whole FA scrimteam i havent seen ANY of them visited etpro public server once !

only pepe and narug0 and some others..came join me for a battle since they saw me on xfire. the rest doesnt even reply to me.

i send messages on xfire , incl to epic, and didnt get a reply. Probably its just me (cos on server only few actually talk anymore) being not wanted or else its just an alternative to join this clan and careless bout actually scrimming.

I wanted to give it a try, but seeing lack of motivation and mainly communication made me change my mind. I still play etpro with some friends, but not for FA. I see FA| 'scrimmers' like arcaaane and hester and epic (pretty much the only ones) on jaymod but when asked for scrim, an excuse aint that far. never saw them on etpro. No way i gonna spend my last couple months waiting on my own till 'maybe' someone of scrimteam shows up. pretty boring all alone in spectator .

IMO this whole scrimthing is just a set up. once accepted, they disappear...

not even reply on my previous posts in scrimsection asking stuff bout it. tells me enough :P makes me wonder oO

a clan challenged us on forum, and topic died. None cares, noone interested. Scrimleader is supposed to organise the fight, set a date+hour and set server pw.

warorga = WAR-Organisator

you all can say it with nice words, but when it comes to the point, its fail.

*NOTE* this is just sharing whats on my mind. If someone see this again as food for drama so be it. Aint directed to someone specific. (just in case some start crying... cos thats bout the only proskills ive seen on our 2.55 servers last couple days.)

:cya

I'm up for a nice pick up scrim or even just an et pro game ANYTIME.

If you see me on any server send me a tell and i'll join you, xfire works too, but i have less of a chance of checking that right away if i'm playing.

I would definatly be up to playin anytime too. just hit me up in game since i can't run xfire at the same time as ET. Its really sad how our ETpro server is always empty, i hate having to join another clans server just to play...

well thats the problem i think. Most players wanna go to full server right away. i dont blaim them.

2.60b got the most empty servers of et. It takes a little sacrifice to start it get populated. If noone is on the server,others wont come aswell.

When i wait in spec, couple buddies come join me for a game and soon other players will follow.

Need more FA members on the server from time to time when the server is empty .

If ur bored or instead of staring et in spec on jaymod, we could go sit in spec on etpro and talk bout strategies , tactics and stuff like that.

there always has to be someone the first. let it be FA !

:rolleyes:

i send messages on xfire , incl to epic, and didnt get a reply. Probably its just me (cos on server only few actually talk anymore) being not wanted or else its just an alternative to join this clan and careless bout actually scrimming.

I see FA| 'scrimmers' like arcaaane and hester and epic (pretty much the only ones) on jaymod but when asked for scrim, an excuse aint that far. never saw them on etpro. No way i gonna spend my last couple months waiting on my own till 'maybe' someone of scrimteam shows up. pretty boring all alone in spectator .

Hmm, strange. Because i never received a single message from you on xfire.

and FYI-lrg.jpg

I don't play et 24/7, I have life outside of et.. and for the last few weeks, i was busy with my personal life.

We, the scrim team, have scrimmed couple of times. That's that.

yea thats when i send u on xfire ... Nowhere in scrimforum nor xfire nor server we (including the new scrimrecruits like hester...) we can find announcments of training (every night my ass ), future scrims (the exact hour and date is IMHO pretty important), not even a list of our own members.

:P i hope u not implying i dont have a life ?

We know it and you know it.. scrimsection need more activity and structure! Just BECAUSE we all have a life, we need to plan things better. we cant just scrim on the moment when you decide. If i dont know about scrim untill day itself, i dont scrim.

Got other plans by then for sure.

sounds bit logic to me

:P i hope u not implying i dont have a life ?

Not at all.

We know it and you know it.. scrimsection need more activity and structure! Just BECAUSE we all have a life, we need to plan things better. we cant just scrim on the moment when you decide. If i dont know about scrim untill day itself, i dont scrim.

Got other plans by then for sure.

What do you mean by "we cant just scrim on the moment when you decide."?

When I get a pm on xfire saying 3v3? from other teams, I basically call the members who are on xfire and we scrim..

When we have organized scrim, with specific time/zone, players/3v3o6v6, server, n etc. I post it in scrim section.

If you all want to do a friendly scrim against *Evil*, I could arrange something.

And I'm usually up for scrimming if I'm on. I work nights though, so good luck catching me on except for Sunday and Monday nights.

If you all want to do a friendly scrim against *Evil*, I could arrange something.

And I'm usually up for scrimming if I'm on. I work nights though, so good luck catching me on except for Sunday and Monday nights.

That'd be great. :D