Jaymod Issue

Puni

Hey there.

Once I load Jay-mod, screen goes black.

If I join another mod and then connecting jaymod, screen stuck on half loading screen and half on the sky.

anyone encountered such issue before?

Puni.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Some questions:

1. Your game version?

2. OS?

3. Graphics card?

4. r_mode cvar value?

Edited by kajto3
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, kajto3 said:

Some questions:

1. Your game version?

2. OS?

3. Graphics card?

4. r_mode cvar value?

2.60b

win 10 pro

RTX 3060Ti

r_mode -1 (default is 4)

Source of the issue seems to be outside of ET, something you installed, some Windows setting maybe. When did it start happening?

Since you're using 2.60b, my first recommendation would be trying ETL, it's much more compatible and modern + it has additional borderless windowed mode, which might help in situations like this.

One more thing you can try is starting the game in windowed mode (r_fullscreen 0), then go fullscreen mode once in the game/server.

I know these are not solutions to the actual problem, but it might serve as a temporary fix. It's hard to tell without "being there"

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, kajto3 said:

Source of the issue seems to be outside of ET, something you installed, some Windows setting maybe. When did it start happening?

Since you're using 2.60b, my first recommendation would be trying ETL, it's much more compatible and modern + it has additional borderless windowed mode, which might help in situations like this.

One more thing you can try is starting the game in windowed mode (r_fullscreen 0), then go fullscreen mode once in the game/server.

I know these are not solutions to the actual problem, but it might serve as a temporary fix. It's hard to tell without "being there"

Problem is, it all started while reviewing demo.

I did /demo_seek_time and demo crushed, picture froze.

Ever since I can't load demos (jaymod) or joining a jaymod server.

Will update about full screen option

Edit: not helping. screen froze on this (I can hear everything and vsays and all). I'm also able to use consol without seeing it.image.thumb.png.7a0d73d117484bfc61d9a912e9eabc47.png

Edited by Puni
  • Like 1

I did. 

Fresh install fixed the issue.

Now I need to recover my old guid somehow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

To get your guid, you need to transfert your etkey from old install to new install

Edited by Eazy
  • Like 2

• Leader
4 hours ago, captnconcrete said:

good luck i just did that and it gave me a new guid.

It should not have done that.

Did you copy your original etkey file into your new installation's etmain folder? 

I believe that FA servers will download a new etkey file if you connect without an etkey in the proper folder.

I will have to search the Jay#2 records for your information today!  

Another thought:  If you had installed ET into the default location in Program Files AND connected to a server and received a new etkey file AND later tried to copy & paste the old one into etmain THEN that copy & paste action may have been blocked by Windows.  Maybe?